The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Government and Economics at LSE doesn't ask for Maths A-Level, a grade B at GCSE Maths is all they say is required.
Reply 2
crawls
Government and Economics at LSE doesn't ask for Maths A-Level, a grade B at GCSE Maths is all they say is required.

Could this course be a door to IB?
Reply 3
any course can be a door to ib!
Reply 4
I'm studying Economics and Politics (which in many ways is the same as the LSE degree), and I have secured an IB front office (IBD) internship. It is true that with work any degree can be a door to IB, if you are from a lower tier uni then work on extra-curriculars to sell yourself to your best ability.
Reply 5
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS AT nottingham is a good choice! need 3 A's though
Reply 6
WantA*
Could this course be a door to IB?

Yes.

(Tries not to pimp his course. :p:)
Whatabout Industrial Economics at Warwick and Nottingham?
Reply 8
my friend asked me that for a-level can physics be used as a replacement for maths
omonija
my friend asked me that for a-level can physics be used as a replacement for maths

I know maths A level is easier these days but that is just bananas.
Reply 10
Lol
Reply 11
Hello ElWilson.

This depends on what you want to do. Do you have the desire to study Mathematics further or you have had enough.

If you have had enough of Maths then do a joint hons @ LSE. Eco and Gov is ok.
However if you do want to learn maths apply to BA/BSc Economics at Nottingham. if you receive an offer (normally AAA in proper subjects) You will then learn more maths during ur degree. You would have to option to learn even more maths in ur 2nd year and get a BSc or just do some maths in ur first year and get a BA.

PS, @ nottingham, Industrial economics is not a course administrated by the Eco department.
Reply 12
I doubt you could manage Economics&Government at LSE without having at least a B in A-level Maths. Way too much mathematics than GCSE Maths. You will be struggling the first year.
Without trying to hijack the thread I have a few questions regarding this topic.

Since maths is not my favorite subject nor my best I am also considering applying for joint economics degrees since I think I would probably struggle too mcuh with a straight Bsc econ degree.

These are the courses that appeals to me and none require A-level maths(All at Warwick uni btw)

-Bsc Industrial economics
-Bsc Economics and economic history
-Bsc Economics,politics and international studies(major in economics)

Out of these 3 degrees which would be the most respected degree and best for IB/Management consultancy and which degree would you choose?

thanx in advance
Reply 14
RangerDave
Without trying to hijack the thread I have a few questions regarding this topic.

Since maths is not my favorite subject nor my best I am also considering applying for joint economics degrees since I think I would probably struggle too mcuh with a straight Bsc econ degree.

These are the courses that appeals to me and none require A-level maths(All at Warwick uni btw)

-Bsc Industrial economics
-Bsc Economics and economic history
-Bsc Economics,politics and international studies(major in economics)

Out of these 3 degrees which would be the most respected degree and best for IB/Management consultancy and which degree would you choose?

thanx in advance

I'd imagine that all 3 are on the same level, and you should pick the degree programme which you're most comfortable with interest-wide. Personally, I'd do EPIS. Fantastic course.
Bump

Latest

Trending

Trending