The Student Room Group

Delaying OASC

Hello all, does anyone know if you can delay going to OASC. My situation, I have been waiting ages to hear about dates, just keep getting asked to fill in more forms for Cranwell. I potentially have a job for a year, a really good one at that. Is it possible to skip off and arrange to do OASC during my holiday periods on said job?????????????
Anyone help, I will ask my bod at the AFCO but I would like some opinions from you chaps before hand.
Reply 1
Give some other reason for delaying OASC other than you got a good job offer, otherwise they may question your commitment.
Reply 2
Yes, you can delay it. I did twice.
Reply 3
Cheers chaps, I left a good job in Japan to continue my application so I would hope that shows commitment. I know there will be lots of waiting, for a date for OASC, then for results, sift etc. Personally I don't want to be doing what I have been doing the last 6 months waiting around with dribbles of info every so often getting frustrated.
Pretty much in the same boat. Still waiting for an OASC date, have been offered an excellent job with Virgin Atlantic and have most of the summer booked up already.
Reply 5
I have just been told by the AFCO that my case is now with Cranwell, they are waiting on a residency waiver. Who knows the telephone number for Cranwell? For security maybe it would be a good idea to PM me with it.
Plus would they be ok with me calling them up wanting to know what the hell is going on, or will I have a nice black marks next to my name?????
Reply 6
GritChimp, haven't you been applying for over a year now? I remember seeing you on MFAT when it was still the military forums and they changed that months ago.
Reply 7
Yeah, why did they change it? That's what stopped me posting, alongside an admin banning me. :rolleyes:
GR4pilot
GritChimp, haven't you been applying for over a year now? I remember seeing you on MFAT when it was still the military forums and they changed that months ago.

Yep that be me. The reason it has been taking so long is because I did all my PROAC, filter and other required pre OASC bits in my second year at uni(its meant to be done 6 months before you graduate).So I had along of monging/limbo time before there was any real movement on my application at Cranwell. However as a uni student I cant attend OASC before I have 6 months left to go on my uni course, which means around about May or June time.
So how long can you delay for? because i have not sent off my form to cranwell yet as i am still at college and have a year left of that so will not finish until May 2007. Can I go to cranwel and then if I am selected delay my start date until May 2007?
Reply 10
Along the lines of delaying - does anyone know whether you can out off your initial training start date? Am n a bit of a dilemma with personal circumstances and have just been offered a place as WSOp so due to start RTS at Halton in July. Any breathing space to sort out personal stuff would be great and would appreciate any input before I go to AFCO for help...?

Latest