The Student Room Group

Can I delay of raf application

If I have completed most of the required steps to my application can I delay it so I can stay on a sixth form to get A levels, or will I have to start the application again
Original post by Alasdair2
If I have completed most of the required steps to my application can I delay it so I can stay on a sixth form to get A levels, or will I have to start the application again

Hey, I applied for the RAF, before I advice, can I ask how long would it take you to complete sixth form? The RAF can delay applications but there's a time limit.
Reply 2
It would be 1 or 2 years
Original post by leedsstudent2001
Hey, I applied for the RAF, before I advice, can I ask how long would it take you to complete sixth form? The RAF can delay applications but there's a time limit.
Thread moved to Armed Forces forum.
It would be 1 or 2 years

The RAF wouldn't be able to delay your application for that long, possibly a maximum of 6 months. The only way you could delay it that long was if you applied for a role in the RAF that was really popular as popular roles in the RAF can take between 12 and 18 months to get.
Reply 5

The whole point of RAF recruiting is to get people into the service and being productive in the role so no, you can't delay to complete your education; you have to be available to join on their timescale.

It's always best to have a back-up plan in case you are unsuccessful in joining the military, so do A-levels if you need them for an alternative career and if it gives you more time to mature and get fit.

Ex-RAF Recruiter.

Quick Reply

Latest