The Student Room Group

Morrisons job interview.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Goodzzz
Thank you :smile: Do you enjoy it on the grocery department?

It's okay tbh, can be hard when you can't find the stuff you need to put on shelfs. Apart from that it's good, managers get your trolley ready, and you just go around putting on shelf. Sometimes you just faceup, which is basically walking around making sure stuff is tidy. You can have a good laugh and convo with other workers, as you can walk about and go warehouse. But tills you sit all day, and cant talk much.
Reply 61
Original post by Aminoor123
It's okay tbh, can be hard when you can't find the stuff you need to put on shelfs. Apart from that it's good, managers get your trolley ready, and you just go around putting on shelf. Sometimes you just faceup, which is basically walking around making sure stuff is tidy. You can have a good laugh and convo with other workers, as you can walk about and go warehouse. But tills you sit all day, and cant talk much.

That sounds good! Hopefully I will get a call from Morrisons soon!
Original post by Goodzzz
That sounds good! Hopefully I will get a call from Morrisons soon!

Yep! Good luck, hope you get it!
Reply 63
Original post by Aminoor123
I applied for checkouts when I originally gave my application in store. But when i got called in for the interview they said i will be on grocery. I am 16, but i know they put you on tills if you are 18. Most the people on tills are older. I work at groceries department now.

17 year olds also go on the tills, all my friends who applied at the time were 17 and got put on the tills, you just have to get authorization for the sales of alcoholw which can be a pain
Reply 64
Original post by xabsx
17 year olds also go on the tills, all my friends who applied at the time were 17 and got put on the tills, you just have to get authorization for the sales of alcoholw which can be a pain

Thank you! I will keep my fingers crossed!
Original post by xabsx
It's the company standard of £6.82 p/h then on Sundays you get Sunday premium which is x1.5 so £10.05 p/h. These rates are only after working for 13 weeks there, beforehand its like 10p less.

It's okay to work for just like any job, they do care about their employees, everyone is able to have breaks but they're strict on absence, I had tonsillitis for 2 days which they were aware of and nearly fired me for it(bearing in mind I gave them plenty of notice and I'm only 16). They always want you to do extra hours, obviously you cannot changed your contracted hours either but yeah it's good to work for. Wouldn't recommend working in the cafe though.

you got a job at 16, wow it's so hard, any tips? i'm turning 17 in a couple weeks any ways but still
Reply 66
Original post by pascal122
you got a job at 16, wow it's so hard, any tips? i'm turning 17 in a couple weeks any ways but still

yeah haha this is my third job, and don't really have tips sorry, you just need to be truthful in your application as employers recognize the standardized crap stories but at the same time big up what you're saying so they notice you :smile:
Most people when applying for Morrisons apply for either shop floor or checkouts and most of the time they will end up on another department.

I applied for checkouts and got placed on Oven Fresh but I am also trained on Deli, Cafe and checkouts and they are planning on training me on fish bar in the new few weeks. But yeah it is good to work for and if you manage to get a contract with sundays in it even better
Sorry to post on this old thread but I guess I just have to post about my interview today.

So, I get a call from the manager yesterday asking me to come for an interview today for canteen assistant ( applied for checkout operator, but it wasnt available so he offered canteen assistant (dunno what this involves). Turns out he is the manager of two stores A and B. Cos I handed my form in at Store A which is the also the furthest one from me, I assumed that the interview would be held there so I went there and on my way I buy a drink at store B cos thats near where I live. So, I got to store A for my interview and due to traffic, I arrive 5 minutes late and ask for the manager and it turns out he doesnt work there on that day, I had gone to the wrong store. So the staff there get me on the phone to the manager who tells me he will interview me when I get to store A. So, I go to store A and fill in this questionnaire, and in my interview I am asked about the role which I have no idea about, so I said that I dunno anything about this role and would like another role. He asked me for my NI photocopy but I only had original so I had to go and photocopy it after the interview and I aksed one of the staff if they could give it to the manager and they told me I should go upstairs myself and give it to him and I do. But its staff only upstairs, so I shouldnt have gone up on my own.

So, there was a lot of things, that went wrong for me, so I am guessing thats a rejection. But it was good experience though. He said I will find out tomorrow, Ill be surprsied if I get it.
You would have been fine going upstairs even though it is staff only, we are always getting people going upstairs so it would be fine. Canteen just cooks and serves food for the staff. Good luck and let us know how you get on
He asked me what my strongest roles were and my weakest roles, I said my weakest was Canteen based roles which was was the interview was for but he then said that he was looking to switch staff around so I might get offered another role if I am successful.
Yeah it isnt too difficult in canteen as it isnt that busy as you only have staff in there for food
Yeah, I got a phone call just now from the manager saying that I was succesfull (quite surprised). He did say the job was for Store B but my induction is tomorrow at Store A. He said that he wants to offer me the role of checkoout operator plus soemthing to do with carpark which I am alright with. But, I am not sure what to wear for my induction?
Just smart casual is what people will tend to wear.

Good luck with your induction :smile:
Hi there I also have interview for morrisons, they did not ask me to bring anything other than national insurance number and my birth certificate? Also I don't know what sort of questions they will ask me as I have already wrote why I want to work for them and what I could bring to there company in the application form?
Different personnel managers will do different kind of interviews. I had two interviews with two different people at Morrisons. The first interview was very basic and easy which just consisted of going through the application form discussing why you had put certain things and explaining more in detail and then the manager went onto describing about the business etc. The second one was more professional and was harder, you filled out a self-assessment of skills and took that into the interview with you and then had to give examples of when you used that skill and then just asked the general interview questions but also he did little role plays which put me on the spot.

Good Luck with the interview and let us know how you get on. What department did you apply for ?
I got a job at morrisons in the cafe I start my instruction on Friday I got 16 hours Wednesday and Sunday will I get time n half on a Sunday even tho I am new at morrisons ? I got told my normal pay will be 6.70 but been told by my friend who works there I should get time n half if I work sundays ?
Hi,

Firstly welcome to Morrision's, the time and a half on a Sunday is coming to an end in March as we are getting a wage increase. So you will still get this time and a half until march but after then the time and half will finish but the pay will be increased so you will probably work out the same, depending on how many hours you work on a sunday

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions then feel free to ask
Does anyone know how long the application process takes. I handed my application to customer services 2 days ago. I know it's a bit early but I just wanted to know how long it would take to get a reply. Also do they tell you whether you have been unsuccessful or not.
Thanks xxx
Original post by IamJuggernaut
Sorry to post on this old thread but I guess I just have

I know it's been a while but by any chance do you know how long it took for the. To invite/ call you to an interview I sent my application off 2 days ago was just wondering how long I should wait. I handed it in at customer service but my app was for cafe assistant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending