The Student Room Group

tesco call missed

I applied to my local tesco and despite getting rejected 3 times in i got a call yesterday. I missed it so i called again and another manager picked it up saying i should be expecting another call that day, so about 6 hours later i think i called and a lady picked up the phone saying everyones left and now i don't know what to do cuz no ones called back..
Reply 1
plus i really need the job i just left year 11 and no one else is recruiting so
Call back tomorrow. Try and not miss the call again. Otherwise I'm sure they will give up and move onto someone else who would want the job. As you not picking up they will think you don't want the job anymore or got another job from somewhere else.
Reply 3
They're not picking up what do i dooo
Maybe the are busy, try call again later around lunch time.
Original post by megan_xay
They're not picking up what do i dooo

Take a walk down to the tesco store and speak to someone. or give it a few hours and try again, as mentioned above make sure you do not miss any calls if they return them
plus i really need the job i just left year 11 and no one else is recruiting so

Have you tried the likes of Boots as always looking for staff ( search Via there own website), there's also Sainsbury's, Argos, Morrisons etc etc who are looking for summer staff especially those at college and universities and schools.

McDonald's and KFC are always looking for young people.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 7
yeah no they haven't called back i'll go in person tomorrow
Reply 8
I applied to my local tesco and despite getting rejected 3 times in i got a call yesterday. I missed it so i called again and another manager picked it up saying i should be expecting another call that day, so about 6 hours later i think i called and a lady picked up the phone saying everyones left and now i don't know what to do cuz no ones called back..

Hi

Tesco team leader and stand in supervisor here....

Just bit of advice on your missed call from someone at Tesco,
They expect you to answer the call from them so that they can possibly arrange a potential in-store interview with you or even a phone call interview depending on what the particular store manager wants to do.

What you should do in circumstances like this is go to the particular store you applied for asap ( if you unable to get hold of them) and ask for the manager and explain why you there for.
Then hope that you will still be offered a interview depending on where or not that particular job position you applied for isn't filled up with other people..... Sometimes they will offer you an alternative position as it's up to you if you accept it.

Now here you problem - it's now three going on four days since you received this call and yet you are still hoping to get a potential interview........ I would suggest try and see what happens but explain the reason why you waited nearly four days.

There's nothing stopping you applying for other positions with them.

Yes everyway else is recruiting for people okay so you just have to search each retailer in your local area or within a decent travel distance of you and see what is available.......

Don't take it the wrong way what I said as only telling you a few true facts on this situation.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

Just bit of advice on your missed call from someone at Tesco,
They expect you to answer the call from them so that they can possibly arrange a potential in-store interview with you or even a phone call interview depending on what the particular store manager wants to do.

What you should do in circumstances like this is go to the particular store you applied for asap ( if you unable to get hold of them) and ask for the manager and explain why you there for.
Then hope that you will still be offered a interview depending on where or not that particular job position you applied for isn't filled up with other people..... Sometimes they will offer you an alternative position as it's up to you if you accept it.

Now here you problem - it's now three going on four days since you received this call and yet you are still hoping to get a potential interview........ I would suggest try and see what happens but explain the reason why you waited nearly four days.

There's nothing stopping you applying for other positions with them.

Yes everyway else is recruiting for people okay so you just have to search each retailer in your local area or within a decent travel distance of you and see what is available.......

Don't take it the wrong way what I said as only telling you a few true facts on this situation.

yeah so i'm really annoyed right now, i did go in person and met the manager whom i thought was really nice- she offered me a group interview this saturday regarding a fri-sun job and then 2 hours later she calls and says the vacancies have been filled. How professional of her right.
yeah so i'm really annoyed right now, i did go in person and met the manager whom i thought was really nice- she offered me a group interview this saturday regarding a fri-sun job and then 2 hours later she calls and says the vacancies have been filled. How professional of her right.

Did she give an explanation of ow the vacancies were filled before you (and the rest of the group) attended the group interview?
Reply 11
no she literally called and said that, i was gonna say 'okay that's fine thank you' but she hung up which was so rude
no she literally called and said that, i was gonna say 'okay that's fine thank you' but she hung up which was so rude

You might have dodged a bullet, imagine working for someone like that
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

In addition to midwife/nurse? Wow!
Reply 14

I find it unprofessional the way that certain stores management treats potential new staff as they all have their own way of doing things.

I don't understand how they didn't know at the time that the vacancies were filled..... I can only suggest that you keep application and see what happens as eventually you will be offered a job if you make a good impression.
Reply 15
Original post by black tea
In addition to midwife/nurse? Wow!

FYI

I have always worked in retailing long before I did my midwife degree okay....... Unlike lots and lots of other students I was in a position with a job that I could go part-time and it allowed me to do my degree.

I'm not the only person who does this as you should know if you actually work for the NHS as thousands of nurses and even other NHS staff works with another employer while still working with the NHS.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending