The Student Room Group

What are these lines around her mouth? Are they ageing lines???

I have these lines too, i never had them before but the line only on my left side is as deep.
Reply 1
She smiles a lot, and that's her skin eventually creasing. Like laughter lines I guess.
Reply 2
Breakdown of collagen ? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Original post by BrokenArrow

I have these lines too, i never had them before but the line only on my left side is as deep.

I think they are dimples. One of my friends has these when he smiles and they give his face a nice finish. His are way more exaggerated though... I certainly doubt they are age lines! :eek:
Reply 4
Original post by momanium
I think they are dimples. One of my friends has these when he smiles and they give his face a nice finish. His are way more exaggerated though... I certainly doubt they are age lines! :eek:

Nah, dimples are inwards points rather than lines.
Reply 6

They need a better name than that XD
Reply 7

Thanks!

but mine doesn't reach from my nose, it's a small line in the middle. It actually looks like a dimple in pictures but i know it's not. I really hate it :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by Hopple
They need a better name than that XD

Smile lines? is it a result of smiling too much? i can't smile without causing that crease. It's so annoying.
Reply 9
Smile lines? is it a result of smiling too much? i can't smile without causing that crease. It's so annoying.

Yeah, I'll go with that. They are caused by smiling, but of course not 'too much', there's no such thing :smile: It happens because you're pulling your lips wide and that bunches up the skin behind, over time the skin bunches up in the same place.
Thanks!

but mine doesn't reach from my nose, it's a small line in the middle. It actually looks like a dimple in pictures but i know it's not. I really hate it :frown:

Do you mind posting a picture? It doesn't have to be of your whole face, just the lines near the mouth. I'm just intrigued because you say the left is different to the right.
Reply 11
As you age those smile lines get deeper and deeper, until they are still there when you're not smiling.
In addition, could I ask 2 more questions:

1. How old are you?
2. Do you dislike them? Has anyone you know ever commented on them (negative or positive)? Sorry to ask this, but you didn't explicitly state that you dislike them so I thought I'd ask.
Reply 13
Original post by Dagnabbit
Do you mind posting a picture? It doesn't have to be of your whole face, just the lines near the mouth. I'm just intrigued because you say the left is different to the right.

Sure, i'll pm them you
Oh i get those when I smile a little bit too, they're not aging lines they're just pushing the skin of my cheeks and my muscle and creasing in the process, there are no lasting lines after im not smiling when i relax my face, but i don't get them every time I smile there's just a certain way.

She has a rather awkward smile in that picture, it's not her photographer smile.
DAMN she is beautiful.

chill, it gives you character
Reply 17

It Is a dimple too mouth corner dimples I also have these both on upper and lower of mouth in each side it is rare .the dimples are muscle displaced sometimes it can be just a small dot ,or big curve . No need to worry u are lucky just like me😜😅😄
Reply 18
Original post by Hopple
Nah, dimples are inwards points rather than lines.

Yes it is a dimple i also have them search as close to mouth dimple

Quick Reply

Latest