The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You've had plenty of warning against smoking. I won't type a detailed response as to why not smoke as you've probably heard it all before, but just to say I support that line of thought. But hey, it's your body to do what you like with, you're within your rights to treat your health however you want.

I don't know much about the price of cigarettes, but I'm with you on American Spirits - whilst I'm not sure if they're "healthier" (can you have a healthy cigarette!? :tongue:) - but they're one of the only (if not only?) big brand of cigarette that doesn't test on animals anymore. You can find them in Tescos, I think.
I still wouldn't try these e-cigarettes given the fact that normal cigarettes side effects weren't discovered until 30 years down the line when people started developing cancer at an unusually high rate.
Reply 42
I'm not going to lecture you. I smoke, and have for ten years. It started off with a friend at college passing round a Mayfair during breaks and then it developed to buying my own packets, and here I am, a decade down the line with an addiction.

Like another poster said, nobody starts off saying "Oh, I'll smoke 30 a day" - it's a gradual increase. If you are sure you can be in control of how many you smoke, knock yourself out. Smoking is detrimental to the health, as we all know.
Reply 43
It can, but let me tell you why you're going to ignore all the posts. Because you have been drawn so much into it, you will start to make up excuses, if you can't make up some, you will try to look for some. You will look at all the people who smoke and tell yourself "If they all do it, surely nothing is going to happen to me", that's the attitude which gets you to increase spending money on worthless smoking which has absolutely no benefits at all. You have just started, so you might be able to quit before it's too late or you can start making up excuses to cover all the disadvantages it will bring, it's completely up to you.
Try herbal cigs OP, they sell them in Holland and Barrett and other health shops.
They also sell these plastic filter things that last for 5-10 cigarettes a go.
Reply 46
any amount of cigarettes will be detrimental especially if smoked over 3 years and i'll guarentee youre habit will increase over time, we all start out saying ahhh just the odd one now and again now im on 30 a day... dont try and rampup youre smoking even by a small amount, youll regret it.

However i cant tell you whatyou can and cannot do so i'll try and be as helpful as possible here;
American Spirits are additive free yes but as it says on the pack that doesnt make them any better for you, just not quite as bad but to be honest there isnt much difference, they just have a better flavour to them. By additives theyre generally reffering to pesticides and what have you aswell though.
Cheap but decent? Well you get what you pay for and in the good olddays thatused to be an easy rule to abide by but the government in their perpetual idiocy with taxes have been whacking higher rates of tax on normal cigarettes whilst only putting a smaller one on premium cigarettes thus theyre all around the same price now give or take 50p at max which to be honest isnt much... so in my experience the best cigarettes youll find are;
Dunhill, Davidoff, Lucky Strike, Phillip Morris, American Spirit, Chunghwa, Chancellor executives [only ever seen them in London and Edinburgh though], Tor and George Karelias Excellence.
Once again i dont recomend you take up smoking on regular basis... take this from someone who smokes like a chimney youll regret it big time, perpetual cough, poorer health, yellow teeth and skin and of course they cost a mint in the UK...wish id never started to be quite honest but if youre going to smoke at least smoke good cigarettes and those are the creme de la creme.
Reply 47
just do not try it for everyday. hence try to get it whenever you want it so badly. and yes American Spirit is a good brand

Latest