The Student Room Group

UNI CHOICE HELP?! 17 yo

Hey,

Im in my second year of 6th form and suddenly decided I want to go to uni where i previously didn't. I haven't looked around any places or done any research so i was wondering if someone could help me start. I live in Chester (north west, near Liverpool) and don't want to live at home when at uni but at the same time i don't want to go too far or too southern haha. I don't really know about what uni's are good and which are bad. I am currently studying IT, Business and Geography and targeted a B in all of them. My main interests would be in IT or Business for uni so i was wondering what courses are available and where?? :smile: The next issue is what should i do now if i find a course/uni's i wouldnt mind doing?

Cheers and please help
Look up information technology management for business. Im just about to start the course at uni. http://www.e-skills.com/ITMB
Go to ucas.com and search through the a to z of courses to get some idea of what you want to do. There will be a list of where each course is available, alternatively you could search nearby unis on ucas to find a list of courses they do.

Maybe get a map of unis in England and use the scale to draw yourself a an area where you wouldn't mind studying. Tbh it doesn't matter how good the uni is on paper, if you don't enjoy it there you won't do as well. Go to open days and get a feel for places.

Definitely ask your sixth form for help, they're experts at this stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending