The Student Room Group

From Uxbridge Road to Oxbridge Robe: My Freshers Blog

Given the number of Freshers Blogs that have already sprouted up recently, I thought that I should add my own to the mix. I desperately wanted to call it Donning the Studfusc but I didn't want to be sued for plagiarism or suchlike by medbh. :tongue: Anyway, I'll update it every day until I leave and then hopefully anything between once a day (unlikely, in all fairness) and once a week. I'm reading English Language and Literature at St. Edmund Hall, Oxford. I'll post my blog updates here for anyone interested.

Incidentally, I was considering doing a Question and Answer blog each fortnight or something for those applying/those that just have a burning query regarding life at Oxford/university/studying English. If so then just PM me the question and if there are enough to make a post then I'll do the aforementioned as regularly as possible. :smile:

I hope you enjoy: here's today's post, and you can find yesterday's if you so wish. :smile:

http://jacknmoran.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/the-countdown-to-uni-nine-days-to-go/

Jack

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually live on the Uxbridge Road - just close to it. :ninja:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Point for the title
I live near Uxbridge road, this is so weird haha :colone:
Reply 3
I live in Uxbridge Road :eek:
Reply 4
PRSOM

You should definitely call it Donning the Studfusc. :colone:
Reply 5
Original post by nombo
Point for the title

Thanks. :colondollar:

Original post by InadequateJusticex
I live near Uxbridge road, this is so weird haha :colone:

Really...? The one in/near Hampton...? :ninja:

Original post by FallenDeath
I live in Uxbridge Road :eek:

See above...:ninja:

Original post by medbh4805
PRSOM

You should definitely call it Donning the Studfusc. :colone:

:lol: I'm sorely tempted to, but I like the current title. Perhaps a colon is needed...:holmes:
Original post by KingMessi
Thanks. :colondollar:

Really...? The one in/near Hampton...? :ninja:

See above...:ninja:

:lol: I'm sorely tempted to, but I like the current title. Perhaps a colon is needed...:holmes:

Oh whoops, no not that one. The other one that actually leads to Uxbridge :redface:
Reply 7
Oh whoops, no not that one. The other one that actually leads to Uxbridge :redface:

Yeah same, I used to go to Rosedale College, it used be called Hayes Manor though
Original post by FallenDeath
Yeah same, I used to go to Rosedale College, it used be called Hayes Manor though

Never heard of either :colondollar:
Reply 9
Never heard of either :colondollar:

Have you heard of mellow lane school? What school did you go?
Lol, I only came to read this because I like Uxbridge! :tongue:
Reply 11
The eight-days-to-go blog entry is now available for your consumption or destruction. :tongue: :colondollar: As always, I hope it's good reading.

http://jacknmoran.wordpress.com/2012/09/23/the-countdown-to-university-eight-days-to-go/
Love the title
Reply 13
Original post by reubenkinara
Love the title

:colondollar: Delighted to hear it. I hope you enjoy the blog as well...
I've just subscribed from by blog:smile:
Reply 15
Original post by reubenkinara
I've just subscribed from by blog:smile:

Oh, wonderful. :colondollar: I'll be sure to have a look at yours later as well...
Reply 16
Guys, I regret to inform you that there will be no Freshers blog tonight, tomorrow or Wednesday due to me being away on my running camp. Of course, I shall post a detailed update on Thursday night. :smile: My apologies.
Original post by KingMessi
Guys, I regret to inform you that there will be no Freshers blog tonight, tomorrow or Wednesday due to me being away on my running camp. Of course, I shall post a detailed update on Thursday night. :smile: My apologies.

Have fun!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending