The Student Room Group

Really confused - Transfering marks etc.

hello tsrians,

Im currently doing my AS levels (chem,bio,maths,phys,epq (all edexcel apart form chem (ocr salters)) and what i was thinking is that i would like to do a practical course (unit 3 practical coursework) for my physics and biology as a private candidate else where rather than my own school (dont ask). However, my question is after getting the marks from the private entry for coursework, would it be possible to transfer these marks to my current school? since its the same exam board it should be fine right? and is it possible to do this (as i will be doing basically unit 3 twice?)
Reply 1
Hello,

Well it depends on the exam board really. For example with the coursework that I did , OCR exam board they take your best marks we did 3 pieces of coursework for chemistry , its the exam board that stores the scores not the school ( the school has to report them but its the exam board that adds them up e.c.t) so your best bet will be to contact the exam board directly as they in the end give you your final score.

hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by rada28
Hello,

Well it depends on the exam board really. For example with the coursework that I did , OCR exam board they take your best marks we did 3 pieces of coursework for chemistry , its the exam board that stores the scores not the school ( the school has to report them but its the exam board that adds them up e.c.t) so your best bet will be to contact the exam board directly as they in the end give you your final score.

hope this helps :smile:

But still, is it possible to do the same unit at both schools (which is a coursework) (one at the college as a private candidate and one at my current sixth form) then transfer my best mark from the college to my existing sixth form that im in currently?

Quick Reply

Latest