The Student Room Group

can i still use non relevant job experience on a apprenticeship cv?

its really confusing because not many skills are transferable but it still seems useful. would be grateful for some opinions!
Original post by airplanelover25
its really confusing because not many skills are transferable but it still seems useful. would be grateful for some opinions!

I would say yes, you should list all experience to your CV no matter how small or large. Were you working with anybody?, if so this is still teamwork skills even if its not in the environment you will be working in. I did a L3 CTEC in IT where we had group work for some of our units, this accounts for both teamwork and project management skills which are fundamental within an IT environment so I added it to my CV and was considered for a degree apprenticeship last year, hope this helps.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by X-jamieboy23-X
I would say yes, you should list all experience to your CV no matter how small or large. Were you working with anybody?, if so this is still teamwork skills even if its not in the environment you will be working in. I did a L3 CTEC in IT where we had group work for some of our units, this accounts for both teamwork and project management skills which are fundamental within an IT environment so I added it to my CV and was considered for a degree apprenticeship, hope this helps.

Thank you for your help!
Reply 3
Original post by airplanelover25

You absolutely can use non-relevant experience for apprenticeship applications and interviews. I worked as a PA and did some freelance writing a while before starting my engineering apprenticeship. As you can tell, the experience is not relevant but like you said, some skills are transferrable - e.g. I used it to demonstrate my communication skills, being able to work with databases, creating relevant excel sheets to filter information, do calculations etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending