The Student Room Group

Future career ideas? Brainstorm only!

Hi, I'm currently doing my AS levels in History, Biology, Psychology and Sociology, finding them hard but getting through! One problem: I really haven't a clue what job I want to look into when I'm older and was wondering if people could just give me some ideas of what's around and might be suitable based on my subjects (uni courses - I want to go to uni) I'm very interested in sport and am very fit and this plays a big part of my life and working with new people on a daily basis. I got 2A* 7A 2B in my GCSEs. I know this isn't ideal as nobody knows anything about me I'm just stuck and need some inspiration and would love for people to tell me what's out there for me to consider!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by NatalieP66
Hi, I'm currently doing my AS levels in History, Biology, Psychology and Sociology, finding them hard but getting through! One problem: I really haven't a clue what job I want to look into when I'm older and was wondering if people could just give me some ideas of what's around and might be suitable based on my subjects (uni courses - I want to go to uni) I'm very interested in sport and am very fit and this plays a big part of my life and working with new people on a daily basis. I got 2A* 7A 2B in my GCSEs. I know this isn't ideal as nobody knows anything about me I'm just stuck and need some inspiration and would love for people to tell me what's out there for me to consider!

Sports Science is a possible choice. Or any sort of social work. There are many different Antropology courses to choose form which you might like! Or perhaps even working in a healthcare area eg Nursing, Physiotherapy etc (Physio is also obviously related to sport!)
Reply 2
There aren't many jobs in sport. Even fewer in women's sport. Even fewer that pay well.

I'm sure that a good living could be made as a highly qualified coach organising your own after-school and holiday sports camps (stick to the posh sports, though). Would pay all the bills - but you'd have to be emotionally prepared for being a glorified children's entertainer.

Quick Reply

Latest