The Student Room Group

Year 11 and I don't know what job I want to do.

I am in year 11 and have applied for a sixth form but I don't know what job I want to do, is there anyone else in the same situation?
Reply 1
Original post by Sgt. Peppers
I am in year 11 and have applied for a sixth form but I don't know what job I want to do, is there anyone else in the same situation?

I'm still am even though I'm in year 12, but you'll realize that in sixth form you tend to start looking at career paths which will give you a good insight on things
Original post by Lucky10
I'm still am even though I'm in year 12, but you'll realize that in sixth form you tend to start looking at career paths which will give you a good insight on things

I have an idea of what I want to do something's on computer like an it technician.
Perfectly normal to not have decided what you want to do in life yet. I would say apply for subjects you are interested in and allow yourself to be able apply for a lot in future, seen people on here who chose options that really screwed them over. Look up possible careers related to your interests, this site is good at your stage https://www.fasttomato.com/ . Also do your research on possible courses and what they want. I'm at uni and I only found out about the course I'm in now when I was looking at my prospectuses and going on open days for unis, I chose prospectuses for universities based on completely different subjects I was interested in at first. Some people choose degrees simply because they like the subject and want to continue it and will then just simply look for a job after that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I have an idea of what I want to do something's on computer like an it technician.

So like now have a look in that career path and obviously choose the right alevels alongside it. Most sixth forms will have advisors to talk to
First year of uni and still no idea as to what I want to do when I graduate...
Last year of sixth form, already applied for a course at some Unis I'm not even sure I wanna go to... This is just the beginning :biggrin:
Reply 7

Can you talk to a Careers Adviser?

Quick Reply

Latest