The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship or uni

I’ve been offered an apprenticeship at maccies for 6yrs long however, also have a place at uni for only 3 years. As much as I’d love to do the apprenticeship I don’t want to be there for 6 years but I don’t know what to do?? Anyone help?
Original post by sophmxx
I’ve been offered an apprenticeship at maccies for 6yrs long however, also have a place at uni for only 3 years. As much as I’d love to do the apprenticeship I don’t want to be there for 6 years but I don’t know what to do?? Anyone help?

Where you say Maccies, do you mean McDonald's? What is the apprenticeship in?
What degree have you applied for?
What do you intend to do after your degree?
Do you have an idea of what sort of career you want? If so, what is it in? If you don't have a specific career in mind, are there certain industries that you want to be open to working in?

It's very difficult to answer or advise with so little information.
Reply 2
It’s in business management and I’ve applied for a course in business management at uni and yes it is McDonalds sorry ahahha
Original post by sophmxx

Hey @sophmxx :smile:

Congrats on the apprenticeship and university offers! That's amazing :smile:

I'd say to have a think about your long-term career goals, and which path would align better with these. Think about what skills, experience and qualifications you'd gain from both the apprenticeship and the degree, what learning opportunities would there be, what challenges, what experiences you'd gain from each path.

Choose the path that excites you, keeps you motivated, where your interests and passions are. Consider where you are in your life right now and what feels right for you at this moment because it's your decision to make.

You could discuss your options with a career advisor as well, weigh up the pro's and cons of your options, and then make a decision that aligns with your values and future goals. You can always change paths or pursue further education in the future if needed. Good luck! :smile:

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending