The Student Room Group

Question about student finance

I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who's studying the same course as me (we're both currently at De Montfort University), and he was apparently too nervous to ask, so here I am!

Essentially, he feels that he made the wrong decision to pick this university and is thinking of dropping out and applying to a different university for September 2013 entry. What he wants to know is What would have have to do regarding the student finance situation and payment of tuition fee loans and rent? Would he be required to pay all of this back and then re-apply for Student Finance next year? And if so, would it affect whether he was eligible for more financial aid for his 2013 entry?

Any help and answers would be greatly appreciated! :smile:
Why not just transfer unis? it's possible that it could mess up is finance in the future e.g. only having 3 years of funding instead of 4. So if he wanted to do anything else educational after his degree is complete then he would have to pay for it himself. He may be obliged to pay the rest of his rent due to the contract even if he moves out and he will have to pay back and loans and grants he has received.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending