The Student Room Group

Durham medical school applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Blink1632
If you do ring can you please ask if they use a different UKCAT cut off for realising opportunities/gateway applicants. I would ring but i've already rung up once!

If i ring it wont be until at least next thursday but il ask if you dont manage to before then...although i have a feeling we may have heard by then :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 381
Anyone know whether its early/late/mid march we find out if we have offers?
Been waiting since early December!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 382
Original post by mcollin1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year it was somewhere around 4th of March. It would normally be early to mid March. I would perhaps phone the admission later next week.
Reply 383

Posted from TSR Mobile

From last years thread offers seemed to trickle trough from early March to the end of March. I know that's not really to helpful to your question but it is from what i can tell the truth. :redface:
Reply 384
Original post by bertie6
Is anyone else UK not heard above the 695 cut off. I will try to ring Helen to see if they are still offering interviews now all my exams are finished. I was moved Newcastle to Durham. Is it just me.

Anyone above 695 not heard yet or been called for interview UK:confused:
Reply 385
Original post by bertie6
Anyone above 695 not heard yet or been called for interview UK:confused:

Just give them a ring on Monday and ask. I believe someone else was in a similar position and when they rang they were told that their school had informed the university not to contact them during January because of exams. Don't worry though, if you scored above 695 and your academics are in order you should receive an interview :wink:
Reply 386
At my interview I asked them specifically about the offers and the rest of the process, this is what I remember them saying: 'We are interviewing right up to the end of February to early March. We then spend most of March discussing the various candidates and will have the final list of students for 2013 by the end of March to early April...' For those still waiting, I called up Helen yesterday to check and she told me the cut-off hasn't changed, still at 695. They've been interviewing candidates every day, I'm sure you guys will hear from Durham soon though, she simply told me the process has slowed down largely due to the number of applicants moved from Newcastle to Durham this year from UCAS. Hope this answered some of your questions but don't be afraid to ring her up, it's your right to know what's going on. Anyways, best of luck to those waiting :redface:
Reply 387
Original post by GemPedro
At my interview I asked them specifically about the offers and the rest of the process, this is what I remember them saying: 'We are interviewing right up to the end of February to early March. We then spend most of March discussing the various candidates and will have the final list of students for 2013 by the end of March to early April...' For those still waiting, I called up Helen yesterday to check and she told me the cut-off hasn't changed, still at 695. They've been interviewing candidates every day, I'm sure you guys will hear from Durham soon though, she simply told me the process has slowed down largely due to the number of applicants moved from Newcastle to Durham this year from UCAS. Hope this answered some of your questions but don't be afraid to ring her up, it's your right to know what's going on. Anyways, best of luck to those waiting :redface:

Does this mean that there's more people at Durham than last year? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by azyx1324
Does this mean that there's more people at Durham than last year? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly don't know, I did ask her that question but she didn't want to disclose any information (figure wise) until the end of the application cycle :confused: Though hopefully they are similar to last year, just have to wait and see I suppose.
Reply 389
I honestly don't know, I did ask her that question but she didn't want to disclose any information (figure wise) until the end of the application cycle :confused: Though hopefully they are similar to last year, just have to wait and see I suppose.

I feel that the cut off isn't going to fall, I have phoned her several times during the application process and it has always been 695 and she was unable to comment on whether it was likely to fall or not, does anyone know if Newcastle and Durham have another meeting to assess the cut off again or is there only one meeting
Reply 390

I sincerely hope that by 'Newcastle people' she's referring to the E codes. I searched Newcastle page and apparently no one has complained about being moved to Durham from Newcastle. According to records from previous years, people who interviewed at Durham seems to have a much better chance...
Reply 391
I sincerely hope that by 'Newcastle people' she's referring to the E codes. I searched Newcastle page and apparently no one has complained about being moved to Durham from Newcastle. According to records from previous years, people who interviewed at Durham seems to have a much better chance...

Yeah that would make more sense because the main bulk of people I've spoke to on TSR and even on my interview day were 'E' candidates including myself. I'm sure they do, those quoted figures posted way back look rly encouraging. How did you find your interview btw? :tongue:
Reply 392
Yeah that would make more sense because the main bulk of people I've spoke to on TSR and even on my interview day were 'E' candidates including myself. I'm sure they do, those quoted figures posted way back look rly encouraging. How did you find your interview btw? :tongue:

Personally I felt being much more confident then previous interviews I had, mainly because Durham was my fifth interview. And yes, previous statistics are very interesting, which makes me think whether if they've changed the distribution ratio of E applicants this year? Because last year offers were made as early as 4th of March, but according to what you have heard it seems that the whole process has been extended considerably (20 days at least) due to increased amount of interviews?
Reply 393
Personally I felt being much more confident then previous interviews I had, mainly because Durham was my fifth interview. And yes, previous statistics are very interesting, which makes me think whether if they've changed the distribution ratio of E applicants this year? Because last year offers were made as early as 4th of March, but according to what you have heard it seems that the whole process has been extended considerably (20 days at least) due to increased amount of interviews?

Yeah, exactly the same feeling I had. Well from what they said, it did sound like that would be the absolute latest date. I'm not sure if they give out all the offers at once or over the duration of March in which case, people might possible hear at the beginning especially those who have had their interviews awhile ago.
Hi, you know the rejections for durham medicine are handed out in like mid february, does this mean that if you dont get rejected at that time its likely that you got in??
Reply 395
Original post by tristanwong
Hi, you know the rejections for durham medicine are handed out in like mid february, does this mean that if you dont get rejected at that time its likely that you got in??

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. However, if you are not going to get an interview then i assume you will be told mid to end of Feb (outright rejection so to speak).If you have had an interview, then you will likely not know the outcome either way until March time. Not getting a rejection mid Feb does not mean you have got in.

Hope this might answer what you were getting at :smile:
Reply 396
Durham if my final chance now, I can't wait until April this is way too stressful :confused:
Reply 397
Durham if my final chance now, I can't wait until April this is way too stressful :confused:

Last year offers came out in the first week of March and the year before that it was half way through March. I hope they don't make us wait until April this year though!
Reply 398
Had my interview today, they told me at the start of it that it will be the end of march before i hear from them
Reply 399
Original post by CiaranDoc
Had my interview today, they told me at the start of it that it will be the end of march before i hear from them

:-( I hope by the end of March they meant somewhere around the 20th... Otherwise it might not even come out until after Easter...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending