The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Natural Sciences at Durham

Has anyone received an offer for Nat Sci at Durham yet, I know people applying for maths and biology undergrad have got offers but I applied for Nat Sci and haven’t heard anything back. I sent my application in October.
Reply 1
Original post by inland-precision
Has anyone received an offer for Nat Sci at Durham yet, I know people applying for maths and biology undergrad have got offers but I applied for Nat Sci and haven’t heard anything back. I sent my application in October.
My daughter got offer last week. Not sure she will firm it
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
My son hasn’t heard anything either and he applied in October too.
Original post by inland-precision
I applied in early November and I heard back 29/02/24 with an offer. If you haven't heard back yet, good luck!
Original post by Seb Whitey
I applied in early November and I heard back 29/02/24 with an offer. If you haven't heard back yet, good luck!
Hi guys,
I’ve got an offer now, just took a while, im going to attend a post offer visit on Wednesday :smile:
My son got one and we are going on Wednesday too. Good luck!
Original post by Seb Whitey

Heyy congrats! would you mind saying what your GCSEs and predicteds were?
Original post by cateater
My daughter got offer last week. Not sure she will firm it

Heyy congrats to her! Would you mind me asking what her GCSEs and predicteds were?
Reply 8
9*9 and 4*Astar. Has firmed Bath though
Reply 9
Original post by cateater
9*9 and 4*Astar. Has firmed Bath though

My daughter is still trying to decide, leaning towards Durham (NatSci, Chem offer) but still talking about Bath with insurance Exeter. Please could share why Bath over Durham and choice of insurance?
Original post by Goodtry
My daughter is still trying to decide, leaning towards Durham (NatSci, Chem offer) but still talking about Bath with insurance Exeter. Please could share why Bath over Durham and choice of insurance?

Didn't like the offer day at Durham very much. Not that impressed about the colleges, not a campus like Bath but not much else either, at least compared to a big city.
She wants to do a year abroad and MSci, which doesn't seem to be possible at Durham.
Year abroad count towards end grade in Durham which she feels a bit risky (would be BSc with year abroad).

She has a medical condition so I emailed both unis. Bath were much more helpful

Her predicted are much higher than required so not fussed about insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest