The Student Room Group

Durham medical school applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by AdamStott64
I've been training about 18 months. Couldn't do it without a spotting partner though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome looks like I have a veteran to guide me through :biggrin:
Reply 781
I chose johns because they are more involved in Durham city. They also have a better rowing team and I want to take up rowing. Everything else was pretty much the same.

REALLY excited. Everyone join the group on Facebook and add me (Adam Stott)

I don't even know where the gym is located. Anybody want a weight training partner??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes buddy! I've been wondering about getting a spotting partner too :biggrin: sorted! :biggrin:
Does anyone know if we will have an offer holder day at Durham by any chance? :smile:
Reply 783
Original post by royallyrandom
Does anyone know if we will have an offer holder day at Durham by any chance? :smile:

I really want to know too!! I think we do, I believe we get the dates with our acceptance letters when they come through the post. Least I hope so :P
Reply 784
Hi guys I got an offer from durham at 16.01 today, so relieved as Durham is my first and only choice so I guess things just worked out for the best :biggrin:
I'm wondering if any of you could help me out though - on my ucas it says that newcastle university is offering me a place but its at durham campus which I understand. But I'm eligible for the newcastle promise scholarship (provided I get my grades) so can I apply for it? Or would I not receive it because I'm at durham? I emailed newcastle and they said they'd get back to me soon because they're unsure themselves. But because I'm going on holiday in a few days I need to sort my finances out ASAP because as soon as I get back its straight back into college work and I'll probably forget about it :/
So should I apply for the scholarship? Or just wait and see what happens?

Sorry if its a bit too rambly I wasn't sure how to write it :L
Reply 785
OFFFER !!!! At 4:01pm this afternoon :smile: soooooooo happy , my 1st choice !! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 786
I chose johns because they are more involved in Durham city. They also have a better rowing team and I want to take up rowing. Everything else was pretty much the same.

REALLY excited. Everyone join the group on Facebook and add me (Adam Stott)

I don't even know where the gym is located. Anybody want a weight training partner??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yessss, if I firm that would be sweet. The gym is on main campus isn't it? I swear I saw people lifting when I went to the interview..

Original post by AspiringDoctor
Hey, you haven't heard from KCL since December?!?! They rejected me after just 6 days lol...

Nope. Pretty sure I'll get rejected or they've forgotten I exist.
So excited.

Congrats to everyone with offers and good luck to those people who are yet to get the grades!

Commiserations to those who didn't make it. DON'T GIVE UP!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Idonteven

Nope. Pretty sure I'll get rejected or they've forgotten I exist.

Wow... I'm sure they're still considering you because don't they say they'll endeavour to take 3 weeks maximum to reply? I had my interview on Tuesday 5th Feb and they rejected me Monday 11th Feb haha :/ You've waited for so long, but I guess it doesn't matter since you have two other awesome offers already :colondollar:
Original post by studyingstudier
I got a 'conditional' too! yay!

...only the only conditions are the CRB and original copies of my certificates - I'm a mature student and got my grades ages ago.

This is weird. Did anyone get a true 'unconditional'?

Congratulations, I have an offer like that from Southampton, but it's not a problem. I was lucky enough that Helen gave me an phone call the day before the offers asking me to send through an email with all of my certificates scanned in. Which I did and got an unconditional offer the following day. So I'm pretty sure if you ring her up and then send them in that will be that part completed and it would effectively be an unconditional.
Finally, I got the offer yesterday at 12.45. Haha...I only opened it today in the morning, when my parents left me alone and was so excited. I am from another country and I contributed so much to achieve it. I even took a loan from the bank to buy books for preparation and buy tickets to fly to Durham. But the most important that this offer is a huge motivation for me to recover from disease. Without the recovery I will not be able (parents will not let me) to go aborad, live alone and study. I am so happy, as I realy really want to be normal and healthy again and be a good medical doctor. It is the best pre-Easter surprise for me. I want to congratulate all other people who got offers and I am waiting to see you in the autumn. I hope I will pass IELTS well and be able to satisfy all final requirements. For those who did not get the offer I believe that you will hear very very soon as the ratio for acceptance is very positive for interviewees and also those who were rejected - do not give up. This means that you will be able to have more time to prepare, maybe to find 'another you' or get invaluable experience that will make you a competitive and strong candidate for the future doctors.Sorry for my English. I ams so shocked and nervous so I definitely made mistakes... :}
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by BreakFastMe
Finally, I got the offer yesterday at 12.45. Haha...I only opened it today in the morning, when my parents left me alone and was so excited. I am from another country and I contributed so much to achieve it. I even took a loan from the bank to buy books for preparation and buy tickets to fly to Durham. But the most important that this offer is a huge motivation for me to recover from disease. Without the recovery I will not be able (parents will not let me) to go aborad, live alone and study. I am so happy, as I realy really want to be normal and healthy again and be a good medical doctor. It is the best pre-Easter surprise for me. I want to congratulate all other people who got offers and I am waiting to see you in the autumn. I hope I will pass IELTS well and be able to satisfy all final requirements. For those who did not get the offer I believe that you will hear very very soon as the ratio for acceptance is very positive for interviewees and also those who were rejected - do not give up. This means that you will be able to have more time to prepare, maybe to find 'another you' or get invaluable experience that will make you a competitive and strong candidate for the future doctors.Sorry for my English. I ams so shocked and nervous so I definitely made mistakes... :}

I think you speak better English than me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww well done :biggrin:! So happy for you, seems like you really deserve it and have certainly shown the commitment and determination needed for this course :smile:! Really hope you pass these exams and see you in September :biggrin:!
:biggrin: Thank you guys very much. So nice to hear from you. I just have bought IELTS preparation book as I need to pass that exam until the end of July. :}
WIsh you all luck as well:}
Reply 794
Hi all - has anyone started applying for student finance? When I linked mine up to my UCAS, it knew I had firmed Durham, but gave me two suggested courses:

1) 5yrs at Newcastle
2) had the other had all the details about starting in Durham and then going up to Newcastle (but said it was a 3yr course!)

Has anyone else had the same issue?

I'm not sure which to pick
x

Congratulations on your offer! You truly deserve it :smile: Your English is better than many people I know, and probably mine ha!

Good luck with all your exams and IELTS, and see you in September! :biggrin:
Thanks, we will definitely meet then :wink:
Also good luck with your exams too :smile:
Hah...I am still like in a dream. For me as for a person from a small Baltic country this acceptance is a huge evaluation.
Fingers crossed for other applicants who are still waiting.:smile:
Reply 797
Original post by sailoress
Hi all - has anyone started applying for student finance? When I linked mine up to my UCAS, it knew I had firmed Durham, but gave me two suggested courses:

1) 5yrs at Newcastle
2) had the other had all the details about starting in Durham and then going up to Newcastle (but said it was a 3yr course!)

Has anyone else had the same issue?

I'm not sure which to pick

I did my student finance yesterday, rang them up and asked which i should choose, they weren't sure but said if i chose the wrong option the university would correct it for me anyway, hope i helped :tongue:
Reply 798
Original post by Weirdo225
I did my student finance yesterday, rang them up and asked which i should choose, they weren't sure but said if i chose the wrong option the university would correct it for me anyway, hope i helped :tongue:

Oh that's great thank you :smile: I think I'll go for the 5yr one as at least its the right length
(edited 11 years ago)
T[QUOTE="Weirdo225;41912802"]Hi guys I got an offer from durham at 16.01 today, so relieved as Durham is my first and only choice so I guess things just worked out for the best :biggrin:
I'm wondering if any of you could help me out though - on my ucas it says that newcastle university is offering me a place but its at durham campus which I understand. But I'm eligible for the newcastle promise scholarship (provided I get my grades) so can I apply for it? Or would I not receive it because I'm at durham? I emailed newcastle and they said they'd get back to me soon because they're unsure themselves. But because I'm going on holiday in a few days I need to sort my finances out ASAP because as soon as I get back its straight back into college work and I'll probably forget about it :/
So should I apply for the scholarship? Or just wait and see what happens?

Sorry if its a bit too rambly I wasn't sure how to write it :L[/QUOTE

Hi, I hope you don't mind me asking but what grades did you achieve to get an offer from durham? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending