The Student Room Group
Hey im doing edexcel AS French and German Orals on the 9th - 12th May.. not sure which exact dates.. but im scared .. I just learnt my presentation by heart and a few bits of research for the conversation so far..
A lot of it will depend on what exam board you're with because the structure of the exam is different for each, but in general, learn and practice your presentation if you have one, learn some facts on your topic/s for the discussion if you have one and learn some vocab, both topic specific and more general opinion phrases that could be applied to anything.
You could write out answers to all the boards suggested questions on each topic?
I have to do that some time this week... b4 I go back to school..ouch theres over a 100 evil questions to get through :frown:
Reply 4
i have the pleasure of doing my first oral (french) on the 28th (of this month!) my german is the 5th may.

it depends on your school as to when you do it, but i think it will be around the beginning of may. your school should take into account whether you're doing 2 languages or not. our school has 3 ppl (including me) doing two languages, and they have taken this into consideration and put our orals a week apart, they did similar in GCSEs for us double linguists, put us at the beginning of one, and the end of the other.

what i did to learn mine was to write a couple of sentences over and over until i knew them, then moved onto the next couple of sentences. after i had written out 2 sentences at a time for a whole paragraph, practised writing a whole paragraph out without looking. then move onto the next paragraph etc, until at last i knew how to do the whole thing without looking.

after i had memorised each paragraph, i said it out loud from memory,and when i learnt the whole thing, i recited it all out loud.

this will prob sound odd, but i now use showers to practise my french and german presentations. ive got nothing better to do, so i just recite my presentations! a shower a day, and depending on how long you take in the shower, i can at least say my french oral once and my german oral once (if i dont get confused between the two languages!).

well they are my odd tips, good luck! :smile:
Reply 5
I'm doing the Spanish AS Oral. It usually depends on your school. They set the dates. I mysleft don't know which date exactly it is but it's sometime between 2-5 of May.

Latest

Trending

Trending