The Student Room Group

UCAS slow?!

Hi, I don't know if it's just my school's 19th century awful computers or not but I can't open ucas at all, it just goes really slow and doesn't load. I'm getting worried cause I need to have my application sent off for Monday and I've been trying since yesterday to log in. Anybody els having this problem?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
me neither :s I NEED TO SEND MY PS OFF!!!
Yeah. My friend's breaking down over it.
Reply 3
Original post by Ccblack95
Hi, I don't know if it's just my school's 19th century awful computers or not but I can't open ucas at all, it just goes really slow and doesn't load. I'm getting worried cause I need to have my application sent off for Monday and I've been trying since yesterday to log in. Anybody els having this problem?

Original post by jazzzygirl

It says on ucas as you login that it will be slow as we are approaching the 15/10/12 deadline for medicine and oxbridge

For me, though, it has not been slow at all and I have never not been able to login. I guess that's how these things work, if you need it to work it doesn't and if you don't need it to it does
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
It's failing to load at all! My application needs to go TODAY :angry:@@@
Reply 5
Ah right thanks, I was so worried it was just me!

It says on ucas as you login that it will be slow as we are approaching the 15/10/12 deadline for medicine and oxbridge

I can't even log in though :/
My page isn't loading either, good times...sigh.
Reply 7

I see what you mean now, it won't load for me either, you should have been on it 9am this morning, it was working then :/
Original post by The Wild Youth
Yeah. My friend's breaking down over it.

Yh breaking down aswell :angry:
Reply 9
This is what happens when hundreds of students leave it to the last few days to send off their application at once! You just have to keep trying. Is there no way you can access it from home? It might be less loaded at night.
Reply 10
Our teachers warned us about this, so luckily sent it off yesterday night. I think it's peak time now, so maybe wait till later on in the day, it might be better. :smile:
Reply 11
it's working for me now? try this link... https://apply2.ucas.com/appreg2013/SecurityServlet?functionName=new

Original post by sortedguy
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh my god. It was working yesterday, I haven't even tried today but I HAVE TO SEND MY APPLICATION OFF BY MONDAY TOO!!! :frown: This is awful. My careers advisor started making excuses about not being able to add my reference on time from yesterday, and this hadn't even started then. Now I can't send it to her and she can't send it to UCAS.
Ok, rant over, going to try to log on now.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Yh breaking down aswell :angry:

Original post by vaguity
My page isn't loading either, good times...sigh.

Ah right thanks, I was so worried it was just me!

Original post by iansynott
It's failing to load at all! My application needs to go TODAY :angry:@@@

Original post by jazzzygirl

Have you guys sent it to your schools yet? My biggest concern is it won't work for them either and then they won't send it off on time. Because let's face it, they won't be obsessively refreshing like us.
Reply 14
just worked for me first time, unfortunately I'm waiting for my tutor to send it back to me to make a couple of changes and resubmit it, on the positive side I don't have the 15th deadline
Reply 15
The current message I've been getting is:
Apply has reached its maximum number of users. Please try again later.

UCAS is pretty shoddy, considering they charge us for the service, each time it manages to **** up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
School have sent off my application even though I left them a message to ask them to send it back to me to make a couple of changes... oh well, nothing vitally wrong with it
Original post by joker12345
Have you guys sent it to your schools yet? My biggest concern is it won't work for them either and then they won't send it off on time. Because let's face it, they won't be obsessively refreshing like us.

They need to add reference and its done.
Original post by D4rth
This is what happens when hundreds of students leave it to the last few days to send off their application at once! You just have to keep trying. Is there no way you can access it from home? It might be less loaded at night.

More like I gave it to my school weeks ago and they leave it till now to tell me to change one minor thing....
Hey guys,

There's currently technical issues with UCAS Apply which will be why you're unable to do anything/the site is being slow.

If we get any updates through at our end then I'll pass them on but at the moment I don't know anything other than the student apply isn't working and UCAS are trying to get it back online as soon as they can.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending