The Student Room Group

A-Level Appeal and Grade Change Process

Hey,

Long story short:
Grade went up after remarking meaning I have now met the requirements for my firm uni. Got in touch with the uni and they said that UCAS need to send them the revised grades for them to follow through with my original offer. Got in touch with UCAS and they said that the exam board needs to send them my revised grade. Now have to wait for all this admin stuff to update hopefully before the 6th of september in order for me to secure a place this year.

Was wondering if anyone else is or has been in this situation, and how it worked out for them in the end.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
It usually only takes a day or so for everything to update - this might be a bit longer because of the BH weekend - but it should be too long.
Original post by McGinger
It usually only takes a day or so for everything to update - this might be a bit longer because of the BH weekend - but it should be too long.

Thank you for the reply.

I think I should've also mentioned that my application on ucas has gone into clearing now, so I have to add my original firm course as a clearing option once they confirm my offer.
I am aware that this weekend would have slowed down things, and I really appreciate the help...
Hi all,

I also should have added that I got told about the change in Grade last Wednesday (23-Aug) by the exam board (via school) but it has still not been updated on UCAS and therefore the University is unable to see it as well. I have the outcome document from the exam board but that is not something the university can use as they rely on grade change on UCAS. All attempts to reach the exam board have been met with no success.

Really feeling hapless and helpless as the firm offer is so within my reach but not in my grasp :frown:

Any insights from people who have faced this situation either themselves or seen their friends face it would be really helpful at this stage.

Thanks!!!!
Original post by CaptainCorporate
Thank you for the reply.

I think I should've also mentioned that my application on ucas has gone into clearing now, so I have to add my original firm course as a clearing option once they confirm my offer.
I am aware that this weekend would have slowed down things, and I really appreciate the help...

Hi all,

I also should have added that I got told about the change in Grade last Wednesday (23-Aug) by the exam board (via school) but it has still not been updated on UCAS and therefore the University is unable to see it as well. I have the outcome document from the exam board but that is not something the university can use as they rely on grade change on UCAS. All attempts to reach the exam board have been met with no success.

Really feeling hapless and helpless as the firm offer is so within my reach but not in my grasp :frown:

Any insights from people who have faced this situation either themselves or seen their friends face it would be really helpful at this stage.

Thanks!!!!

You shouldn’t have to use clearing to be placed back with your firm. It should just be acase of them contacting ucas and ucas sorting it all out.

have you sent the outcome document to the university? That’s often accepted. Your school/college might be able to email the university directly to confirm that the document is genuine and your new grades are confirmed.

keep pestering daily. Exam results coming through at this stage don’t always get picked up on by universities.
Original post by PQ
You shouldn’t have to use clearing to be placed back with your firm. It should just be acase of them contacting ucas and ucas sorting it all out.

have you sent the outcome document to the university? That’s often accepted. Your school/college might be able to email the university directly to confirm that the document is genuine and your new grades are confirmed.

keep pestering daily. Exam results coming through at this stage don’t always get picked up on by universities.

Thanks PQ!!!

I have been in touch with the university a few times now over the last 3 working days since I got my review back.

My school has sent them the outcome document that came from the exam board as soon as we got it on 23-Aug. In conversations with the university, they are saying that they cannot accept the email and the document if it comes from school and they need it to come from UCAS or the exam board for them to be able to do anything with it.

I am now completely on my wit's end as there seems to be no more options left for me to try. The exam board has no direct contact numbers for students; the school is now closed as the initial work for results and reviews is completed; UCAS is not getting any update from the board; and the university won't move the needle unless they hear from UCAS.

In short, I am unable to proceed with a firm choice i deserve and rightfully earned just because the initial grading was not in line and the new grade after review are stuck in the system somewhere.
Thanks PQ!!!

I have been in touch with the university a few times now over the last 3 working days since I got my review back.

My school has sent them the outcome document that came from the exam board as soon as we got it on 23-Aug. In conversations with the university, they are saying that they cannot accept the email and the document if it comes from school and they need it to come from UCAS or the exam board for them to be able to do anything with it.

I am now completely on my wit's end as there seems to be no more options left for me to try. The exam board has no direct contact numbers for students; the school is now closed as the initial work for results and reviews is completed; UCAS is not getting any update from the board; and the university won't move the needle unless they hear from UCAS.

In short, I am unable to proceed with a firm choice i deserve and rightfully earned just because the initial grading was not in line and the new grade after review are stuck in the system somewhere.

It might be worth contacting UCAS (but make it clear you have a complicated query and ask to speak to someone senior) - they should have exam board contacts and can chase up the new grades.

If the exam boards send them through to UCAS then UCAS will just send them on - universities don't get a big announcement that there's new grades to look at so it's possible they're sat on the university system already waiting for someone to do something....or UCAS might still be waiting for them in which case they should be able to get in touch with the exam boards to chase them up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending