Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway 2013 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
If you are looking for fellow freshers awho will be in your halls there are several facebook groups you can join to find people.

Here's a link specifically for the Founders group.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/253496611429519/

Rachael.

is there a group for Butler?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by wavves
is there a group for Butler?

There is a group for William, Tuke and Butler as these halls are all grouped together.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/123059141167174/
Reply 1102
Original post by sd5728
Who is living in founders west?

I am! 317 :smile:
OKay anyone know if there is a TV ariel socket installed in Butler rooms??
Reply 1104
Original post by malika1
I am! 317 :smile:

im in 481, do you have a letter after the number, do you know what it is?
Original post by sd5728
im in 481, do you have a letter after the number, do you know what it is?

the letters indicate that you are sharing a room with someone, so should be A or B
Reply 1106
Original post by rocksanddaisies
the letters indicate that you are sharing a room with someone, so should be A or B

whats the difference between A and B? oh and is it possible to find out who your sharing with? and thanks so much for the answers everyone, much appreciated :smile:
Original post by sd5728
whats the difference between A and B? oh and is it possible to find out who your sharing with? and thanks so much for the answers everyone, much appreciated :smile:

there isn't a difference I'm sure it is just to show there are two of you in that room :smile: have you joined the founders Facebook group? you can ask around on there or look at the accommodation threads on here.
Reply 1108
Hi, can anyone tell me what I should do in terms of paying tuition fees by the 23rd online, as I haven't been able to change my course online on student finance, and although I called a month ago and they filled in a form to send off with all the details on it too, saying my details should be changed by 20 working days(which it now is), my course still hasn't been changed. Am I able to sort it out when I get to Holloway, so long as I bring the confirmation of my tuition fee loan for my original course, as others have mentioned? Because I feel very frustrated that the deadline for paying in is the 23rd, and I can't do anything about it at the moment.
Original post by mel c:)
Hi, can anyone tell me what I should do in terms of paying tuition fees by the 23rd online, as I haven't been able to change my course online on student finance, and although I called a month ago and they filled in a form to send off with all the details on it too, saying my details should be changed by 20 working days(which it now is), my course still hasn't been changed. Am I able to sort it out when I get to Holloway, so long as I bring the confirmation of my tuition fee loan for my original course, as others have mentioned? Because I feel very frustrated that the deadline for paying in is the 23rd, and I can't do anything about it at the moment.

Yes, you can change your course at Royal Holloway. I would go to your department to check whether it has been changed and if not, talk to your personal adviser and you should be able to change and enroll into the other department.

Rachael
Reply 1110
Yes, you can change your course at Royal Holloway. I would go to your department to check whether it has been changed and if not, talk to your personal adviser and you should be able to change and enroll into the other department.

Rachael

Sorry, my original course wasn't at Holloway, so it's not anything that's available to them. It's just student finance not changing my course from the last uni and course to Holloway.
Help!

I've lost the key for the room meanings for mylectures/seminars. Does anyone have a key for rooms in History? Not just the Mcrea Building
Original post by ghettolefty
Help!

I've lost the key for the room meanings for mylectures/seminars. Does anyone have a key for rooms in History? Not just the Mcrea Building

You weren't the person who was 15 mins late for the Toolkit lecture were you?
Sorry, my original course wasn't at Holloway, so it's not anything that's available to them. It's just student finance not changing my course from the last uni and course to Holloway.

Sorry for the late reply. Has this been sorted now?

Rachael
Reply 1114

Rachael

Yeah, it sort of has thanks. Except they've now sent me the wrong loan, and it seems like my tuition fees have been paid but the accommodation hasn't because they still have to give me the right loan, and so although I've been paid the loan amount for my last choice, actually I'm trying not to spend much of it as I only have a £500 overdraft, can't afford for them to pull out the loan and leave me a couple of grand overdrawn so I'm now waiting for the loan amount to be changed. I think I'll have to pester them about it over the phone now.
Yeah, it sort of has thanks. Except they've now sent me the wrong loan, and it seems like my tuition fees have been paid but the accommodation hasn't because they still have to give me the right loan, and so although I've been paid the loan amount for my last choice, actually I'm trying not to spend much of it as I only have a £500 overdraft, can't afford for them to pull out the loan and leave me a couple of grand overdrawn so I'm now waiting for the loan amount to be changed. I think I'll have to pester them about it over the phone now.

I have heard of this happening before. If you keep calling them they should sort it out soon, hopefully.
Reply 1116

Rachael

Ish :biggrin: I'll give it some time(and the SLC some pestering!)-I have most of my loan for the term now.
Original post by Maria_Maria
Hey! I'm in Kingswood 2 Block E level 2 Flat A room 08. So we gonna be neighbors :smile: I suppose, level is the floor.
You're the first from Kingswood who I found - yeah!

ummm, how was kingswood2? ive been offered that, wasnt my top choice so just wanna know how u guys found it? :smile: thanks!
Original post by megfashion
Didnt get in, absolutely loved the place so really upset, went to three open days n everything :frown: is there any way that i can get in? Will it be worth ringing up? I absolutely love the place i cant see myself not going there :'(
And for psychology. If i am able to beg ill be giving whoever lets me in an abundance of gifts, im just praying now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

if u dont mind me asking, what grades did u get that they rejected your application? :O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending