The Student Room Group

I Applied For A Maintenance Loan From SFE. How Do I Return The Money?

Hi,

I know this is kinda stupid, but basically I took out a maintenance loan in case I never got a maintenance grant.

Turns out I got both in the end and SFE have already paid both into my bank account.

Thing is, I don't really need the loan since I have the grant, but how do I return the loan to SFE?

Please help. I don't want to end up paying extra for the loan. I want the loan out of my bank account.

Thanks
Reply 1
Most people who have a grant have the loan as well. I'm not even sure if you can get a grant without applying for a loan :erm: Just save the extra money you have in an ISA with a good interest rate. It will be good to have extra money saved when you leave uni and are looking for a house or something - you'll have a deposit saved up straight away, and having a smaller mortgage will be better.
People like you really piss me off. Why are you taking money from tax payers when you could survive on the loans but don't want them? You clearly don't need the grant if you can live without the loan. This is why it should all be loans. Why should some people get money they don't have to pay back?
Original post by ily_em
Most people who have a grant have the loan as well. I'm not even sure if you can get a grant without applying for a loan :erm: Just save the extra money you have in an ISA with a good interest rate. It will be good to have extra money saved when you leave uni and are looking for a house or something - you'll have a deposit saved up straight away, and having a smaller mortgage will be better.

Ummm ...no. I am in my final year of uni, and I have never once asked for the maintenance loan. Maintenance grant is all I have ever asked for and got.

OP, I think for this year you'll just have to lump it and save it. Just remember not to take it out again next year.

Or, perhaps it would be better to ring SFE, rather than ask a forum of complete retards?
Reply 4
Hello clubber,

You'll need to download or request a SUPPORT REQUEST FORM which is for the maintenance loan. Tick "No" for full maintenance loan and write "0" in the amount requested part. Return this form to the DALRINGTON address. If you're wanting to pay back the ML, then you are able to but you'll need to ring SFE and ask to be put through to REPAYMENTS.

For the person who wondered whether a student could apply for a maintenance grant only, this is actually possible. A student doesn't need to apply for a ML to get a MG.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending