The Student Room Group

Choices between Uni for Maths & Comp Sci

Since the deadline is coming close and I'm so indecisive, I thought I would post here for some advice.

I have decided to study Maths with Computer science but don't know which university to choose. I know UCL is the best place out of all of them but looking at the grades I’m aiming for, I don't know if I would make the offer.
I’m already taking a lot of exams the term in general and to improve on some units so I really don't know if it's possible.
I love both Manchester and London and would be happy to go to any of them.

Right now I’m thinking of putting down London or Manchester for my firm and Bristol for my insurance. The thing is if I choose London there is a big chance I will go to Bristol if I get my target grades but would definitely get into Manchester if I choose that.
Would like to hear on your opinions and keep my views open for any advice.

I really appreciate the help, thanks!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

GCSE: 2A*, 7A & 1B
Studying A-levels: Maths (A), Chemistry (B), Physics (B/C), AVCE ICT (A) and AS F Maths (a/b)

Manchester: Bsc Comp Sci + Maths with yr industry(AAB)
UCL: Msci Comp Sci + Maths (AAA)
Bristol: Msci Comp Sci + Maths (ACC)

Warwick: Msc Maths + Business study (AAAa)
Nottingham: Msc Maths + Engineering (ABB)
Imperial: Msc Maths + Management (Rejected):frown:

Firm & Insurance: HELP ME!!!:confused:
Insomniac

Right now I’m thinking of putting down London or Manchester for my firm and Bristol for my insurance. The thing is if I choose London there is a big chance I will go to Bristol if I get my target grades but would definitely get into Manchester if I choose that.

Studying A-levels: Maths (A), Chemistry (B), Physics (B/C), AVCE ICT (A) and AS F Maths (a/b)

So why don't you put UCL as your firm choice and Manchester as your insurance? ..Give your A Levels your best shot and even if you miss your UCL offer, theres always Manchester which it seems you'd be more than happy to go to anyway.. (or have I completely missed your point? :rolleyes: )
I was gonna say sleep on it, but then i read your name...
silent ninja

lol
Reply 4
So why don't you put UCL as your firm choice and Manchester as your insurance? ..Give your A Levels your best shot and even if you miss your UCL offer, theres always Manchester which it seems you'd be more than happy to go to anyway.. (or have I completely missed your point? )

I want Bristol to be my insurance because there is a part of me which thinks that if I don't get a B in chemistry (and I’m certain won't get in physics) then I won't have a insurance to back up and Bristol is a good university which I don’t mind going if I miss the grades which lowered their offer so I don't want to miss that opportunity.
I’m on the borderline right now of getting the B in chemistry and that's why I wouldn’t put Manchester as insurance.

How strict do you think UCL are on their grades restrictions because although they want AAA from me, I know someone who got an AAB offer for the same course (shame she isn’t accepting it). Oh well, I knew I messed up that interview.

lol, I’ll be so glad when this is all over … maybe i can get some sleep then but then again, who sleeps during uni
Reply 5
Insomniac
Since the deadline is coming close and I'm so indecisive, I thought I would post here for some advice.

I have decided to study Maths with Computer science but don't know which university to choose. I know UCL is the best place out of all of them but looking at the grades I’m aiming for, I don't know if I would make the offer.
I’m already taking a lot of exams the term in general and to improve on some units so I really don't know if it's possible.

Would like to hear on your opinions and keep my views open for any advice.

I really appreciate the help, thanks!

Go manchester since thats where im going:p: .
London is very expensive.

Latest