The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Welsh Baccalaureate doesn't entail a subject selection set... :s-smilie: it's a qualification consisting of investigations and key skills, and work experience etc.

English Baccalaureate is the subject set.

2 sciences, maths, English, foreign language, humanity.. All of which I have.

:reel:

I don't really care about EB. Everyone would have it which would spoil the value.
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm probably going to be thinking about what to do it on over the next two years :tongue: Don't really have any idea yet :lol:

I have a few ideas...

Are emotions socially constructed?

Dreams; a subconscious prediction of the future?

OR

The placebo effect, and it's importance in the pharmaceutical industry.

So... I have my music gcse solo performance tomorrow morning at 8.20am. I can't explain how scared I am for it. I mean, I can play it perfectly by myself, and then because my teacher is so rude, disrespectful and insulting, I tried playing it last week and it went horribly wrong. She then rants on about she "hates the song", how I must "play with confidence and passion" and that it should be "perfect." I'm sorry, but if she's being like that, does she really expect me to be so confident? She should be encouraging, but she's not. She said a load of other stuff too, basically making me feel like something that people look down to on the floor.

The good thing is that I can get it out of the way first, but if it goes bad I'll be so annoyed all day. And at that time in the morning, she'll be in a worse mood than usual.

I've been so stressed over the last week just because of this. I just feel so stupid and incapable, yet I know that I'm not. I'm looking forward to getting it out of the way so I can focus on subjects that I'm much better at and enjoy much more. Spanish and French coursework over music any time. Languages are waaaaaaay better.

Sorry for ranting, I just hope I do ok and don't fail. She said she wouldn't undermark anyone, but I'm pretty sure she will. I've never even done anything wrong. She probably treats me and some others in this way because we're quiet and wouldn't say anything back to her...
I have a few ideas...

Are emotions socially constructed?

Dreams; a subconscious prediction of the future?

OR

The placebo effect, and it's importance in the pharmaceutical industry.

The last one seems like the only one relevant to anything you want to do :holmes: The topic is supposed to have some link to your subjects/career :tongue:
Original post by Dougieowner
l

If I was in your situation, I'd just go in .their do.your best...

Then when you finish, in the most sarcastic.tone ever, say "sorry it doesn't meet the High standards you seem to play at"

What piece is it? And instrument?

Languages are better! :five:

So...

If you believe you can play the piano well you can do it. Get the teacher out of your head. :biggrin:
It's testing your skills, nothing else.
Find the flipside :biggrin:.

Posted from Android app. How do I have my username changed?
If I was in your situation, I'd just go in .their do.your best...

Then when you finish, in the most sarcastic.tone ever, say "sorry it doesn't meet the High standards you seem to play at"

What piece is it? And instrument?

Languages are better! :five:

Yes, I just want to prove her wrong. Hopefully I can get the confidence to do so.

I'll link to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14R_yATHByg

I wish I could take another language. I just find them so fun. :biggrin:
Yes, I just want to prove her wrong. Hopefully I can get the confidence to do so.

Exactly, I'll listen in a bit... :smile:

Which one?

Exactly, I'll listen in a bit... :smile:

Which one?

:smile:

I take Spanish and French now. If the school had enough German teachers, I'd like to take that as well.

Japanese would be nice, but that's like a life ambition that I want to meet at some point. And that's a lot more complicated.
:smile:

I take Spanish and French now. If the school had enough German teachers, I'd like to take that as well.

Japanese would be nice, but that's like a life ambition that I want to meet at some point. And that's a lot more complicated.

Yeah, I agree... I only do welsh and French in school... (welsh we dont learn the language properly) and then I'm learning Italian :woo:

OMG YAY, don't worry :smile:

thats a nice piece :smile:
ugh, when I did my music performance last year the teacher said i'd an A... turns out I got a C for it. A in all other modules which got me a B :'(... at least you're not going to get OVER marked XP chin up :smile:
God damnit I should have waited until the next half-season of Breaking Bad comes out to watch the most recent episode :colonhash: Now I have to wait half a year to see what happens after what I just watched :emo:
God damnit I should have waited until the next half-season of Breaking Bad comes out to watch the most recent episode :colonhash: Now I have to wait half a year to see what happens after what I just watched :emo:

how bad of a cliffhanger was it? (bad meaning can't wait-iness)
Original post by tara8000
how bad of a cliffhanger was it? (bad meaning can't wait-iness)

TAIL CHASER LOOK AWAY :ninja:

Spoiler

TAIL CHASER LOOK AWAY :ninja:

Spoiler

You have no idea how tempting that is :tongue: Must... not... click...
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
You have no idea how tempting that is :tongue: Must... not... click...

DISTRACTION RANDOM (SORT OF) OPENING VIDEO GAME CINEMATIC WHEEEEEE :crazy:

[video="youtube;VKanxNE-FT4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKanxNE-FT4[/video]

whoo halo
Original post by tara8000
whoo halo

Hopefully will get 4 soon enough :emo:

OMG WHAT EVERYTING I REMEMBER FROM HALO 1 IS A LIE
this is what happens when I watch my brother play, who doesn't even finish the game. TO LET'S PLAYS ON YOUTUBE!

Latest