The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Money = POWER = Greed = Mo' MONEY = Why capitalism is unfair....
Original post by JamalAhmed
Yes only. :tongue: 1 hour is max for me hehe.

Ermm, the sixth form I wanna enter has this catchment area and I don't fall within it, and on the website it says they will only consider those who do live within. However, my case is that I will be taking the same route as some of those who live within the catchment area, and it will take the same time to go there as some of those who fall within the catchment are. Make sense? And I want to be considered. So, should I phone them up or email and ask for their policy regarding students who will be considered and whether they will disregard the fact that I live a few minutes away from the catchment are...

email but i've never heard of a school only considering people that live within catchment .
Original post by social outcast
email but i've never heard of a school only considering people that live within catchment .

Thanks, I will :smile:
Original post by Armani786
what type if books are you into. how about twilight i read the book and i really enjoyed reading it. :biggrin:

My interest in books is quite random, I mainly read novels but I prefer more factual books in reality.
Does this sound rude?

"I request information regarding your school's policy concerning the catchment area"

its a bit harsh how about.
dear xx
as i understand it you operate a catchment area system which i'm interest to know more about particle in regards to out of catchment applicants
thanks yy
Money = POWER = Greed = Mo' MONEY = Why capitalism is unfair....

ut oh, :biggrin:
"the power which money gives is that of brute force; it is the power of the bludgeon and the bayonet".
:smile:
Original post by social outcast
its a bit harsh how about.

Dear xx

As I understand it, you operate a catchment area system which I'm interested to know more about particularly in regards to out-of-catchment applicants.

Yours faithfully, xx

I edited it a bit thanks.

Yeah, thanks I will write it this, This sounds more polite...
(edited 11 years ago)
I edited it a bit thanks.

Yeah, thanks I will write it this, This sounds more polite...

good luck:smile: what subjects do you want to study at sixth form
Original post by Dinasaurus
My interest in books is quite random, I mainly read novels but I prefer more factual books in reality.

yeah i do read novels i enjoy reading them however i dont really find factual books interesting :smile:
"Distributism is better" - Jamal Ahmed
Original post by Armani786
ut oh, :biggrin:
"the power which money gives is that of brute force; it is the power of the bludgeon and the bayonet".
:smile:

:smile: I understand
:smile: I understand

Lol! cool:biggrin:
you know on the upove thing next to were it says the name why does mine say ?invisible ?and everybody elses says online
"Capitalism is unfair and makes the poor poorer, whilst making the rich richer. Capitalism without greed is like religion without hell. Only distributing will help the poor and increase equality"
- Jamal Ahmed
economic activity is meant to serve the more important aspects of life, our spiritual, family, social, intellectual and cultural lives
The top earners are tax evaders... :colonhash:
"When Jobs are scarce in the country, and banks still gain money from the government to invest, but instead keep it, opportunity is limited. There is hardly any opportunity to move up the social ladder. Some rich people did not get the money from hard work, but instead, from inheritance, but still evade tax. There is no such things as equal opportunities in this country - the rich will always have more opportunities such as better education and healthcare, so saying there is equal opportunities in this country is frankly wrong."

- Jamal Ahmed
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
The top earners are tax evaders... :colonhash:

Are you revising for Eng Lang?
Are you revising for Eng Lang?

No... I should be :colonhash:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
No... I should be :colonhash:

Same, I should be.

Latest