The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tara8000
I'm not too good grammar wise :s-smilie: but I'll try and help with content :smile:
For the second paragraph you could include where peterborough is in the uk- other than near cambridge- but that's about it :smile:
for the first one, you could talk more about the general decor of your house, is it a modern styled house? what colour is the outside? is all the furniture from ikea? little things just to add- but if the other paras are well sized it should be alright XP

Yeah my grammar sucks :mad: I hate how reading and listening for my board is 40% and the rest is 60% because I get can somehow get full marks on reading and listening and not too good on the others :/
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I can do it in school... Just pissed off...

Bolded some bits... I cant see many other errors.. Probably too tired and angry! :frown:

:reel:

Thank you, thank you :colondollar:
Original post by Dinasaurus
Thank you, thank you :colondollar:

Np :awesome:

Reply 783
Yeah my grammar sucks :mad: I hate how reading and listening for my board is 40% and the rest is 60% because I get can somehow get full marks on reading and listening and not too good on the others :/

aw :/... I think my board last year was the same XP I edited my advice
Np :awesome:

Hate French :mad: Wish, I moved to England when I was a little older. I'd probably be fluent in French then :s-smilie:
Reply 785
Original post by MangoFreak
I can understand a lot of that :ahee: Go me :biggrin:

now you ought to translate it into german XP
how's your korean and other languages going?
Hate French :mad: Wish, I moved to England when I was a little older. I'd probably be fluent in French then :s-smilie:

Makes sense ay :tongue:

Bolded some bits... I cant see many other errors.. Probably too tired and angry! :frown:

Permit me to interject, but would "je l'aime" not be correct? "Je t'aime" means "I like/love you", so I would infer that "je l'aime" means "I like it" ("Je le + aime" = "Je l'aime"). I don't do French so there may be some idiomatic discrepancy, but seems correct to me :holmes: :biggrin:

It's the same in other Romance languages:

Io ti dice = I tell you
Ti gusto? = I am pleasing to you? :sexface:

I meant in the case that for some reason you can't do it int school... but if you definitely can, shouldn't be much of a problem then? Plus as I said some time back, you can still get a 100% scholarship without 13 A*s...
lanuage nerds :smile: I dont understand a word of that
Reply 790
OH HALLO THAR. I just have half term holiday... but I really ought to be studying XP so what do you study/have studied? :smile:

No, same, but I meant for summer, before our exams? I'm doing sciences, maths, English, etc., and German and French. I have my Maths GCSES THIS WEEK OH MY GOSH. What about you?
now you ought to translate it into german XP
how's your korean and other languages going?

Italian is super easy :ahee: I'm focusing on German and Italian right now purely for the prospect of A Levels and next years trip :biggrin: I really do want to move on with Korean/Russian/Japanese, but it's hard to find good learning sources for Asian languages :tongue: I might focus on Japanese over Korean, purely because Korean is a bitch to speak :lol:
Reply 792
Permit me to interject, but would "je l'aime" not be correct? "Je t'aime" means "I like/love you", so I would infer that "je l'aime" means "I like it" ("Je le + aime" = "Je l'aime"). I don't do French so there may be some idiomatic discrepancy, but seems correct to me :holmes: :biggrin:

Io ti dice = I tell you

nah, it's j'aime ca... i think, je l'aime is I like HIM... as lui... ah IDEK

Io ti dice = I tell you

Yeah, it means I like it :colondollar:

Original post by justinawe
I meant in the case that for some reason you can't do it int school... but if you definitely can, shouldn't be much of a problem then? Plus as I said some time back, you can still get a 100% scholarship without 13 A*s...

Stats I can, that makes 12. Need one more :biggrin:

Original post by social outcast
lanuage nerds :smile: I dont understand a word of that

Wer titulierst du Sprachenstreber? :tongue:
Stats I can, that makes 12. Need one more :biggrin:

f.maths?
I'm not too good grammar wise :s-smilie: but I'll try and help with content :smile:
For the second paragraph you could include where peterborough is in the uk- other than near cambridge- but that's about it :smile:
for the first one, you could talk more about the general decor of your house, is it a modern styled house? what colour is the outside? is all the furniture from ikea? little things just to add- but if the other paras are well sized it should be alright XP hey! you could maybe include a little past tense anecdote about something that happened in the house ('AND THAT'S WHY WE DONT HAVE ANY CARPET ANY MORE').... OOH the last sentence- c'est important pour moi je trouve...-is that correct? do you not need a word between moi and je trouve? like parce que? NO I'M WRONG... something about that sentence seems weird? oh well :/
'in my opinion it's important for me I find my house very comfortable, I like it'? is that a right translation? ARGH

Darn, yeah seems dodgy. I need the word that in between, I'll work on that :colondollar:
^ what do you want to say in English?

Original post by justinawe
f.maths?

If I can get ut somehow...

Reply 798
Original post by nombo
No, same, but I meant for summer, before our exams? I'm doing sciences, maths, English, etc., and German and French. I have my Maths GCSES THIS WEEK OH MY GOSH. What about you?

haha :smile: we don't get study leave :frown: we have to stay at school until our final exam, then we get study leave? but I don't know if ill go- gonna see if i can help out in lessons and the like :smile:
evryone else in my year has their gcse next week but i dont XD
im doing sciences, english lit, psychology, PE BTEC, citizenship, A2 religious studies and 'enrichment' maths and french... though I may be studying art AS and statistics gcse too if im lucky XD
nah, it's j'aime ca... i think, je l'aime is I like HIM... as lui... ah IDEK

Ah, but I don't think that works the same in French as in English :holmes: Like in German, to refer to a masculine object in the accusative with a pronoun (den Mann, den Apfel), one would use the accusative word for "he" (ihn) :yes: Ergo, "ich mag ihn". It's the same in Italian I believe, and Spanish. Perhaps French is different, but as far as I am aware "ca" is the nominative (like "je" or "tu"), whereas "le/la" is the accusative (direct object), like "te" or "me".

DISCLAIMER: I have no ****ing idea :tongue: Je ne parle pas francais :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest