The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahiscool
:five: omg i though my school was the only one do only do linear exams... im so jealous of everyone else :frown: do you have mocks for all of your subjects in jan ?

which do you have as linear?
Does linear mean exam only? Or all exams at the end of the year?

RE is I think...

Like business is the only one... But that's 75% exam... 25% c/a...

That's it:tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Does linear mean exam only? Or all exams at the end of the year?

RE is I think...

Like business is the only one... But that's 75% exam... 25% c/a...

That's it:tongue:

Where you lean the stuff, but not do any examinations till the very end of the course - so you basically can't resit until 6th form.
Original post by Bluffroom
Where you lean the stuff, but not do any examinations till the very end of the course - so you basically can't resit until 6th form.

Only RE and Business then... But realistically I won't be able to resit a lot until sixth form anyway, don't plan on it either.
which do you have as linear?

every single subject :mad: ... except art i guess where you have coursework throughtout the whole year and one exam at the end of year 10 and one at the end of year 11
Only RE and Business then... But realistically I won't be able to resit a lot until sixth form anyway, don't plan on it either.

I have Maths, RE and my English Lit as linears I think.
every single subject :mad: ... except art i guess where you have coursework throughtout the whole year and one exam at the end of year 10 and one at the end of year 11

Wow. :zomg: What did you choose?
I have Maths, RE and my English Lit as linears I think.

Aah, maths :tongue: that would have been linear :wink:
Wow. :zomg: What did you choose?

maths (igcse),eng,eng lit, history, geography (igcse),german,chemistry(igcse),physics,biology,art

and i have to do linear a-levels aswell :s-smilie: ... fml
Aah, maths :tongue: that would have been linear :wink:

I don't want to do maths, I can't remember jack ****.
maths (igcse),eng,eng lit, history, geography (igcse),german,chemistry(igcse),physics,biology,art

and i have to do linear a-levels aswell :s-smilie: ... fml

I wouldn't want to take linear history. I like history being leisurely and that would suck.
I don't want to do maths, I can't remember jack ****.

Maths isn't anything hard anyway like quadratics and trig is about it :tongue:
I wouldn't want to take linear history. I like history being leisurely and that would suck.

no i actually like linear history, it means i have to write wayyy less essays :biggrin:
no i actually like linear history, it means i have to write wayyy less essays :biggrin:

I did modular, but I had to do all 3 exams and c/a in one sitting with no resits :grumble:
Maths isn't anything hard anyway like quadratics and trig is about it :tongue:

I still find it extremely annoying. I get it but then i forget it. If i need help I ask me teacher, she acts like I'm stupid, I kick off, I get sent out, she twines, I have a go back, she sends me back in, I learn **** all.

I like essays! I really like the exams as they let you write what you think - my coursework was incredibly enjoyable to write.
Original post by Armani786
Oh okay no probz!
I was just trying to change the subject thats all.
Anyway How are you?:tongue:

I'm good :tongue:

What about you?
I still find it extremely annoying. I get it but then i forget it. If i need help I ask me teacher, she acts like I'm stupid, I kick off, I get sent out, she twines, I have a go back, she sends me back in, I learn **** all.

I like essays! I really like the exams as they let you write what you think - my coursework was incredibly enjoyable to write.

Aah that sucks... Sounds like my bio lessons... :tongue:
Aah that sucks... Sounds like my bio lessons... :tongue:

She is the only teacher I don't get on with. If I don't get an A* I will blame her.
She is the only teacher I don't get on with. If I don't get an A* I will blame her.

Aah, well you shall with our help! Mine :wink:
Aah, well you shall with our help! Mine :wink:

:five: - when I next get homework and I'm stuck I'll ask you guys :biggrin:

Maths was so easy until year 11. I don't even get stuff I used to be good at it is that bad.

Latest