The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
I attempted to do the senior maths challenge today, it was alright, don't see myself getting a certificate though!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Sollyhol
I attempted to do the senior maths challenge today, it was alright, don't see myself getting a certificate though!

I've never ever heard of it before TSR...

:reel:
Original post by Sollyhol

im sure you did well, im quite annoyed that my class wasnt asked if we want to do it or not but one of the classes was ... oh well i will stick to my intermediate maths challenge :tongue: i need to improve on last years silver haha
Original post by Kittaaaaay
You disappeared! D;

And I'm going to point out that you have a broken colour code in your sig :tongue:

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Aaah, my school is tiny :redface: :five:

Wow, how nice of them :')

:mad:

back again :biggrin:
Reply 1384
hey guys!
decided to try the senior maths challenge today as well, not again :P
i did really well in the intermediate challenge in year 10 and got a gold but this time it will not be above a bronze, if even a certificate!
how did you get on? and also what did you guys get for Q15 with professor rosseforp running?
Original post by tara8000
alright, night :smile:

Sleeping so late was a bad idea, was super tired and missed the first lesson of school because I woke up at half 9 :colondollar:
Original post by samr96
hey guys!
i did really well in the intermediate challenge in year 10 and got a gold but this time it will not be above a bronze, if even a certificate!
how did you get on? and also what did you guys get for Q15 with professor rosseforp running?

my teacher marked mine and i got 60 :colondollar: but we only got 45 minutes instead of 90 :O :'(
Original post by samr96
hey guys!

I only answered 11, questions. I definitely got 1 wrong (the star one) as I got confused and did ten thousand million galaxies instead of one hundred thousand million. With that in mind my I got between 14 and 65 out of 125 (either every attempt question was wrong or they were all right). Which I doubt will give me a certificate, maybe if I'm lucky.
Original post by techno836
back again :biggrin:

Reply 1389
my teacher marked mine and i got 60 :colondollar: but we only got 45 minutes instead of 90 :O :'(

that should be a bronze :smile:
only 45?!
that is harsh!
Original post by Dinasaurus
I only answered 11, questions. I definitely got 1 wrong (the star one) as I got confused and did ten thousand million galaxies instead of one hundred thousand million. With that in mind my I got between 14 and 65 out of 125 (either every attempt question was wrong or they were all right). Which I doubt will give me a certificate, maybe if I'm lucky.

10^22 :biggrin: i liked the maze one with the cube :L ... i used my rubber and did a mental model :biggrin:

Original post by L'Evil Fish

im here to stay this time :biggrin: did you do senior maths challenge ? :biggrin:
Reply 1391

me too i also only answered 11 questions and got one wrong, i think, so we're in the same boat :smile:
but it should get you certificate, i believe above 55ish should get you a bronze!
Original post by samr96
that should be a bronze :smile:
only 45?!
that is harsh!

yeah i wasnt happy about that !! but she wanted to go through deviation with us because she wasnt here to teach it and we got taught it wrong -.- :L
Reply 1393
I ALSO USED MY RUBBER AS A CUBE hahaha that is great! no i just drew a big grid on my rough paper :biggrin:
10^22 :biggrin: i liked the maze one with the cube :L ... i used my rubber and did a mental model :biggrin:

im here to stay this time :biggrin: did you do senior maths challenge ? :biggrin:

I know now -.- Only ones I'm pretty sure off are the first five maybe. I found the one about the food going up in leaps and bounds, pretty easy unless I missed a vital part.
Original post by samr96
me too i also only answered 11 questions and got one wrong, i think, so we're in the same boat :smile:
but it should get you certificate, i believe above 55ish should get you a bronze!

Our exam hall was filled with sixth formers except for a single row of just year 11s, it was so daunting. It puts me in a good mood for Thursday's exam, as I know it won't be anywhere near as hard as the maths challenge.
I know now -.- Only ones I'm pretty sure off are the first five maybe. I found the one about the food going up in leaps and bounds, pretty easy unless I missed a vital part.

i think i answered it but i cant remember .... the really confusing one for me was the one with all the languages .. i just read it and didnt bother because i had about 3 minutes left of my 45 -.-
Reply 1397
Our exam hall was filled with sixth formers except for a single row of just year 11s, it was so daunting. It puts me in a good mood for Thursday's exam, as I know it won't be anywhere near as hard as the maths challenge.

at my school it is optional so it's fairly evenly spread, still i am not sure if it was a great idea to do it :P

No :frown:

Discussion of the SMC challenge is still embargoed.

Reply 1399
i think i answered it but i cant remember .... the really confusing one for me was the one with all the languages .. i just read it and didnt bother because i had about 3 minutes left of my 45 -.-

the phrasing of the question confused me but i answered it correctly in the end :smile:
..and the languages one was really easy, you just had to jot it down on paper and it all suddenly made sense! i struggled with the xyz equation though i spent ages trying to work that out :P

Latest