The Student Room Group

Guys: Girlfriend older than you? Girls: Boyfriend younger than you?

As the title says, please give your opinions. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I personally don't see anything wrong with it. I guess it depends on maturity. Obviously if you're 18 and the other person is 60 it's a little peculiar... My bf is 2 years younger than me but we are as mature as each other.
I did once, but it didn't go well. I am a year ahead academically (anon for this reason), so it is unlikely I would be interested in someone younger than me - however in many years to come where the age gap would be minimal and make no difference I would probably not mind.
Reply 3
I have a fantasy of having a FWB relationship with a middle aged woman. I wouldn't want a girlfriend that's older than me though.
Reply 4
My dad is 5 years younger than my mum and my sister's husband is 9 years younger than her,my sister's current bf is a year younger.So being with younger men runs in our family, probably will happen to me too.
Unless the age gap is over maybe 7 years, it hardly makes any difference.
Reply 6
At my current age (17 - year 13) I would only date someone one year below me. However, as I get older i think it'll make less of a difference and the gap can be bigger..
Reply 7
I would never consider dating an older woman, it would feel like I was settling for second best.

Realistically, Women have a very narrow window of fertility, which peaks at 21 and drops off a cliff by 30. It's the same story with physical attractiveness.

At 23, I would be reluctant to date a girl older than 22.
Reply 8
I have been involved with a couple of women a notable amount (3-4 years) older than myself. I don't really pay much attention to the age difference however I do know that women generally like an older bloke. Guess I'll start dating below my age from now on :tongue:
Reply 9
Some of my friends say they would not even date someone in the school year below them - even if the age difference was only 5 or 6 months, which to be honest is just ridiculous considering they don't see the problem when guys do it. I'm 18, I would date anyone over the age of 16 if they were mature. Same goes with older guys, if an older man didn't seem his age I'd date him too.
Reply 10
Original post by 2ndClass
I have a fantasy of having a FWB relationship with a middle aged woman. I wouldn't want a girlfriend that's older than me though.

Been there, done that. It's not a nice thing because they get emotionally attached and say things like "I want to go upstairs and make love to you". And for what people say that older people are more experienced, not neccasary true.
Reply 11
within 3+- years I dont really mind.
Original post by Lumos
Some of my friends say they would not even date someone in the school year below them - even if the age difference was only 5 or 6 months, which to be honest is just ridiculous considering they don't see the problem when guys do it. I'm 18, I would date anyone over the age of 16 if they were mature. Same goes with older guys, if an older man didn't seem his age I'd date him too.

Even if the age difference was even one day? One of them born on August 31st and the other September 1st?

Personally doesn't bother me.
It'd be pretty weird going out with someone who's graduated and maybe has a good, full time job whilst you're still at uni like a little kid.
Reply 14
Original post by Michaelj
Been there, done that. It's not a nice thing because they get emotionally attached and say things like "I want to go upstairs and make love to you". And for what people say that older people are more experienced, not neccasary true.

Lucky git :mad:

Then again, what girl doesn't get attached in a FWB relationship? :tongue:
I have a fantasy of her being some high powered exec or a Solicitor and a total freak in the bed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by 2ndClass
Lucky git :mad:

Then again, what girl doesn't get attached in a FWB relationship :tongue:
I have a fantasy of her being some high powered exec or a Solicitor but a total freak in the bed.

I've always wanted to get with a middle aged woman whose really posh and intelligent like a doctor or something. :cool:
Reply 16
Original post by SirMasterKey
Even if the age difference was even one day? One of them born on August 31st and the other September 1st?

Personally doesn't bother me.

I know, it shouldn't be a problem - I've gone out with someone who was in the year above me when I was in Year 11/12. I was born on September 1st and she was born August 30th of the same year. Technically only 2 days separated us (but in the eyes of the school, it was 1 full academic year). Still, she took a gap year after Year 13, so we both went to the same Uni at the same time! :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says, please give your opinions. :smile:

Well, I'm 18, and my girlfriend is 23 :smile: 24 in November :smile: But we love each other very much, and our relationship has never been stronger actually :smile:
Reply 18
Like Einstein said

"Half plus seven bro, half plus seven"
Reply 19
Original post by Michaelj
I've always wanted to get with a middle aged woman whose really posh and intelligent like a doctor or something. :cool:

:five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending