The Student Room Group

27 (male) and never had a girlfriend

Hello folks :smile:

First of all, I really want to say that I am very happy to be part of this forum and I hope that some of you will help me out :frown:

I just turned 27 a month ago and I never had a girlfriend. I am currently writing my Master's thesis and will finish university in one month. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to find friends through University, work or even through my older sister / family. My Bachelor's degree was a mess - there were literally zero females in my courses and people back then were not very outgoing. I had a few acquaintances with some guys here and there, but I never managed to establish real friendships. My Master's degree was even worse. Completely Online due to Corona, so I didn't met any new persons. In 2020 I started working as a working student in a company and till now, there are literally ONLY old people, 55 and older. I didn't meet young people at all and till now, we haven't hired any girls.

I got so desperate that I started Online Dating when I was 20. I used Tinder, Bumble and Hinge and most of the time, I deleted them after 1 or two months because I didn't find a fitting girl or I got so frustrated after meeting some of them.

So far, I have met 28 different girls. 20 out of those 28 were absolutely not my type in real life - they either looked completely different compared to their pictures on those Dating Apps or we just didn't match at all personality-wise. The remaining 8 girls were attractive and I a couple of FwB things going on with some of them, but it never was enough for a real relationship. The last girl I met was also looking for a relationship, but she lost interest after 2 dates :frown:

And now I am completely clueless what I should do. My environment is absolutely useless in terms of social interaction. Zero friends, university is almost over and didn't do shi* for me, my job is also useless because I never meet new people and I don't have the courage/confidence to approach girls in real life. Yes, I am an idiot because my whole dating experience is based on Online Dating - I have never asked a girl out in person, only through those dumb Apps.

To be honest, I am just completely empty and I don't want to be Single for the rest of my life. I wouldn't call myself a "bad catch" either. I would consider myself above-average looking (surely no male model, but in my humble opinion definitely "sufficient" for most girls out there), I will find a good job with a nice salary and I have my own flat.

Is it just too late? For me it feels like most girls, who are 20 to 27, either already have a boyfriend or they are just not interested in relationships. Sometimes I think that it is just my fate to stay Single because let's face it - 28 different girls and none of them turned into a relationship? This seems so off and so unlucky :frown:

Is here anyone in the same boat? How did you manage to find a girlfriend or did you give up?

(I live in Germany)
Reply 1
you could try a traditional dating agency. there are plenty in Germany:

https://www.simplegermany.com/best-dating-sites-germany/
Was wondering this too, trying to figure out how to secure dates with people in real life
Reply 3
Can you elaborate a little? Is your problem finding a girlfriend or to have sex? If you want to have sex then you can always pay. If you wish to find a girlfriend then you will have to lower your expectations. Sorry for being straight but this is how life works.
Reply 4
Original post by RobT657
Can you elaborate a little? Is your problem finding a girlfriend or to have sex? If you want to have sex then you can always pay. If you wish to find a girlfriend then you will have to lower your expectations. Sorry for being straight but this is how life works.

Why would they need to lower their standards? From the description he doesn't sound like he's lying and compared to a lot of similar threads on here I don't get the 'woe is me' alarm in my head going off. I just think he's been unlucky, that's all. I'm in a similar situation although I'm younger than him.
Reply 5
My Problem is finding a girlfriend, a "real" relationship. No fwb stuff or just casual Sex. I am honestly clueless where I could even meet girls besides on Online Dating Apps. My environment is just not made for meeting new contacts.

I am by no means looking for a female model girlfriend because I am not a male model either. I would consider myself above average looking and I do really care about my looks, so I just want an equal partner. I am not demanding extraordinary stuff, just the things that I also fulfill

Original post by RobT657
Reply 6
Original post by Doomotron
Why would they need to lower their standards? From the description he doesn't sound like he's lying and compared to a lot of similar threads on here I don't get the 'woe is me' alarm in my head going off. I just think he's been unlucky, that's all. I'm in a similar situation although I'm younger than him.

Well, I am by no means demanding a female model because unfortunately, I am not a male model either. I am above average looking and I really do care about my looks and clothing style, but that's it. I just want a girl who is also looking for a relationship and is just cute
Reply 7
Then go to outing meet new people make friends and then you will be able to find a girl friend you should go out more and build courage to approach and talk to more people and trust me this works all it needs is more courage

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending