The Student Room Group

C3 January 2013 25/01/2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by iTabasco
What a coincidence, I was trying out C3 solomon paper B, and I came across with the sinP+sinQ question o:
I paused it there though.
I dont enjoy half angle stuff either :c

aha thank you :smile: I might try it then, I was hoping to avoid solomon papers :P
Reply 981
Original post by Libby18
aha thank you :smile: I might try it then, I was hoping to avoid solomon papers :P

Haha, me too!
But I finished all the past papers too soon, so incase C3 disappears out of my head I decided to try solomon papers c:
Reply 982
Original post by iTabasco
Haha, me too!
But I finished all the past papers too soon, so incase C3 disappears out of my head I decided to try solomon papers c:

aha I might do book work now the review exercises as I didnt do all of it
how are you feeling for this exam?
hope its a nice paper
I thought 2012 june was a good paper but others in my year said it was horrid (it was our mock).
One of the further mathematicians told me it was awful and she cried after the exam but still got 99 UMS or something
hey everyone. i'm done with all the pastpapers and i wanted to know which paper according to you guys was the toughest and most challenging one? i thought jan 2007 needed some extra brain. what are yours?
Did anyone elses marks drop from the papers 2011 onwards compared to before 2011?
Original post by tamersaeed
graph is best way but you can get range by substatution

How do you do it like that? I can never always draw the graphs properly, also I want another way to double check...
Reply 986
Still haven't started!! :frown: I dont know how im going to get an 'A' at this level!!!
Reply 987
Original post by StrawHat_Shifaz
hey everyone. i'm done with all the pastpapers and i wanted to know which paper according to you guys was the toughest and most challenging one? i thought jan 2007 needed some extra brain. what are yours?

Logs question at the end of Jan 2010 needed some "extra brain" for me :lol:
does anyone else have m2 on the same time as c3?

i have to take the exam at 1pm instead of 2pm, strange...
Original post by suncake
Logs question at the end of Jan 2010 needed some "extra brain" for me :lol:

lol yea that b part.......... i gave up on that one and then read in the markings..... :banana:
Hi everybody,
I have a question on domains for the C3 exam this Friday. Some domains in mark schemes have 'x e R', followed by the actual domain, such as x>2. Other functions do not have the 'x e R', and have just the actual domain. Can someone explain to me when to put 'x e R' in the domain and when not to?
By the way I know its meaning, that x is an element of all real numbers.

Also, if x e R is part of the domain, in the inverse function, is the range f^-1 (x) e R (followed by rest of domain) too?
Kinda worried about this exam, haven't had much time to revise because of other exams :frown:
Reply 992
Can I use a pencil in this exam, it's a fairly thick pencil, I could post pictures of the thickness, I just hate writing Maths in pen especially trig proofs. It doesn't state on the front if the paper that we must write in pen, does anybody know?
Reply 993
should be blue/black ink i believe becuaase the scan the papers often
Reply 994
Original post by Libby18

I'm not a fan of solomon but I'd advise doing some papers - they're good especially with the trigonometry questions, where you have to use a previous identity you proved to solve an equation.

Does anybody know of any proofs we need to know of? I've only come across proving trigonometric identities and derivatives in differentiation...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by fayled
I'm not a fan of solomon but I'd advise doing some papers - they're good especially with the trigonometry questions, where you have to use a previous identity you proved to solve an equation.

Does anybody know of any proofs we need to know of? I've only come across proving trigonmetric identities and derivatives in differentiation...

You also need to know how the double angle formulae is derived from the addition formulae.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 996
How to get range I have no idea positive rep for anyone willing to help, thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by cookie555
How to get range I have no idea positive rep for anyone willing to help, thanks in advance :smile:

Is the range ' x can not equal -1 ?'

If so, then I'll explain how I worked it out :smile:
Reply 998
Original post by cookie555

Uhhh - imagine your standard asymptote type graph ( can't remember name) which is 1/x - then apply the translations to the x axis..

EDIT - I haven't touched this **** in a while so I'll guess (educated lol) 0<y<4/3
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 999
Original post by Libby18
One of the further mathematicians told me it was awful and she cried after the exam but still got 99 UMS or something

She sounds pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending