The Student Room Group

Is this person just not interested?

i have a friend, they always text me first but only if we haven't talked in a few days. they always say they really like me and give a lot of compliments but i always find online, like on facebook, it's always me who has to say hi first, otherwise they will never message me... also both online and real life, i feel like it is me carrying the conversation and having to make the effort and they are just not bothered. i cannot confront them about this as i don't want to be needy and boring... and it's annoying when people do that... but i am just perplexed as to why they blow hot and cold.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i have a friend, they always text me first but only if we haven't talked in a few days. they always say they really like me and give a lot of compliments but i always find online, like on facebook, it's always me who has to say hi first, otherwise they will never message me... also both online and real life, i feel like it is me carrying the conversation and having to make the effort and they are just not bothered. i cannot confront them about this as i don't want to be needy and boring... and it's annoying when people do that... but i am just perplexed as to why they blow hot and cold.

Do you like this friend? As in have feelings? Why do people bother so much about the order in which they recieve texts and/or facebook messages from people? Why do we always try to contact those we like through electronic means? My point it, I don't think whether they text/message you first is all that important. If you really want to know if they like you, check out their body language, the way they look at you and react to your presence. The way they talk to you IN PERSON. If you're still confused, and really want to know, just ask him/her, it's the most reliable way to get an answer, trust me.

Hope this helped :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AB25
Do you like this friend? As in have feelings? Why do people bother so much about the order in which they recieve texts and/or facebook messages from people? Why do we always try to contact those we like through electronic means? My point it, I don't think whether they text/message you first is all that important. If you really want to know if they like you, check out their body language, the way they look at you and react to your presence. The way they talk to you IN PERSON. If you're still confused, and really want to know, just ask him/her, it's the most reliable way to get an answer, trust me.

Hope this helped :smile:

no but we are friends and i worry that is changing because of these signs
Reply 3
no but we are friends and i worry that is changing because of these signs

All you can do is either wait and see what happens or ask them how they feel
Reply 4
opinions?
Reply 5
bump
Reply 6
ok i just want some help plz!
Reply 7
You could not contact them for a while and then see if they make an effort, if they don't then just be honest about how you have noticed these signs that you feel indicate a change in your friendship. Another possible suggestion is that perhaps it's not just you they act this way to, maybe they have changed in person. I guess it just comes down to whether you are happy with making the effort if they do not change, is it a friendship worth the effort...
Reply 8
Original post by JenniGold
You could not contact them for a while and then see if they make an effort, if they don't then just be honest about how you have noticed these signs that you feel indicate a change in your friendship. Another possible suggestion is that perhaps it's not just you they act this way to, maybe they have changed in person. I guess it just comes down to whether you are happy with making the effort if they do not change, is it a friendship worth the effort...

i don't know... it's just conversely, they felt the same when we first became friends, they felt i never said hi etc. and didn't like them so much (maybe that is just how i come across at first) and they asked me this.. even though i didn't mind i know how annoying it can be when someone is overly needy especially if you are going through something, which they are..
Reply 9
i don't know... it's just conversely, they felt the same when we first became friends, they felt i never said hi etc. and didn't like them so much (maybe that is just how i come across at first) and they asked me this.. even though i didn't mind i know how annoying it can be when someone is overly needy especially if you are going through something, which they are..

Maybe whatever they are going through is the cause of the behavior change, just be supportive and ask if they are coping okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending