The Student Room Group

Applying for a different course through clearing

So unfortunately I don't have enough UCAS tariff points to get into any course for materials science but I would like to apply for a geology course with a foundation year. Does it matter if my personal statement doesn't match any courses I apply to through clearing?
Original post by ttkoko
So unfortunately I don't have enough UCAS tariff points to get into any course for materials science but I would like to apply for a geology course with a foundation year. Does it matter if my personal statement doesn't match any courses I apply to through clearing?

Hello,

If you’re choosing something that’s vastly different from the subject you wanted to do originally, you might want to edit your personal statement to reflect that.
Clearing isn’t just unis giving offers out because they need places. They still want to know you’re interested as a student before accepting you into their course.

So my advice would be to edit the personal statement to reflect Geology.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Original post by ttkoko

hey! is there any location or university type you are after?
Original post by ttkoko

Make some notes about why you are interested in the geology course before you ring some unis. This will help clarify if you are really interested in the course or not. Don't rush into a change of course just to get to uni this year. Consider if retaking A levels and applying again for your original course is a better option. A foundation year costs a lot more than retakes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending