The Student Room Group

How Should I Memorize FRENCH QUICKLY?

Got to memorize 5 paragraphs (2pages) of french for friday morning written exam.
I'm thinking about doing 1 paragraph a day which is roughly 10 full lines.
However i'm finding it hard to memorize french fast.
Could someone give me advice and tips as to how to memorize it all properly by friday - it is a written exam not speaking.

Edit: 12/50 lines learnt so far. ~ Come jump on with me on my road to learning 50 lines before friday :P
Paragraph 1 - complete
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by cleveradam
Got to memorize 5 paragraphs (2pages) of french for friday morning written exam.
I'm thinking about doing 1 paragraph a day which is roughly 10 full lines.
However i'm finding it hard to memorize french fast.
Could someone give me advice and tips as to how to memorize it all properly by friday - it is a written exam not speaking.

Edit: 12/50 lines learnt so far. ~ Come jump on with me on my road to learning 50 lines before friday :P
Paragraph 1 - complete

The best thing to do is to write it out over and over again since it will stick into your head easier, or if you're quicker at typing, just type it over and over. Even though it takes a long time, it will definitely work (from experience)
Reply 2
Original post by L1000
The best thing to do is to write it out over and over again since it will stick into your head easier, or if you're quicker at typing, just type it over and over. Even though it takes a long time, it will definitely work (from experience)

Yeah i find that i can write it down from memory with less hesitation than saying it and memorizing. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
I found a handy website:

www.memrise.com
:blow:

It's more for vocabulary but if you log on and click on courses created, and then click create a course, you can add in your own text. (I'm adjusting the usage for your situation) It will say "Test on Word, prompt with Definition." under the blue banner, click on this and switch them round. Now in the word column add the first word of a paragraph, and in the definition column add the rest of the sentence.

Once you've added everything you can begin learning the course. It will first do a few matching exercises, getting gradually more difficult, and then get you to type out the whole thing. If you get it wrong it will take longer for that particular sentence. By the end of it you should know them off by heart, and you can always do extra practise (at the bottom is a practise button) afterwards! If you need help with the website PM me :smile:
Reply 4
Basically try learning a paragraph then write down what you remember. Just continue doing so until you make no mistakes. ( I know its quite long but oh well ;P) Also another thing you could do is record yourself reading it then you just listen to it over and over again, it just sticks to your head. And lastly if you have a phone or any similar device, you can type it all in and then while your going to bed you can just try learning it
Reply 5
doesnt sound helpful but trust me it is. write out the first letter of every word and go from there, unbelievably helpful.
sank yuo
Reply 7
I have a test today and i can't even remember the first sentence. I'm going to game like all my other tests. #ISuckAtLife
Reply 8
I cant remeber ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending