The Student Room Group

Emailing lecturer

Is it a good idea to email my lecturer regarding the deadline for an assignment, as he said that it would be after christmas but didnt give a definite date. Im the kind of person who likes to know exactly when my work has to be submitted, even though its about a month away. I know it sounds really stupid but i dont want him to think im pestering him as two weeks ago he said he would announce it at some point, although this hasnt happened and we break up very soon for christmas. I dont want him to then give me a lower mark for the assignment because he thought I was pestering him. I get really worked up about things like deadlines. :smile:
Reply 1
Erm, yes email him! I can't believe you don't know this already, they should be telling you your deadlines weeks in advance.
Definitely email them as Shelly says, you should be told your deadlines well in advance. They can't give you a lower mark for pestering them about the assignment, they must mark the work as is and only judge what is in front of them, not your personality/actions. There's nothing wrong with emailing your lecturers if you are unsure about something, that is what they are there for! Don't worry about it and good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending