The Student Room Group

OMG How can I stop checking my e-mails for UCAS track updates every 5 minutes?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I definitely understand how you feel as i was checking my emails and track every hour for a week, and today I got my first offer and am so relieved! It has stopped me from nervously checking my emails! When you get your first offer, you can relax.
Reply 61
Original post by juliun
Well done on your offers, that's impressive. Where are you from?

I applied to read Politics at UCL, Nottingham, Queen Mary, Southampton and Kent.

Thanks a lot juliun! :smile: Hopefully u will get ur offers soon too! Well I live in Indonesia and I am an Indonesian citizen but of Kashmiri Origin; Its the place India/Pakistan is fighting for more than 60 years :smile: !! wbu? where are u from?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by CAZEE786
Thanks a lot juliun! :smile: Hopefully u will get ur offers soon too! Well I live in Indonesia and I am an Indonesian citizen but of Kashmiri Origin; Its the place India/Pakistan is fighting for more than 60 years :smile: !! wbu? where are u from?

Aw that's horrible... Hopefully you'll get to experience a slightly calmer country when you come to the UK :smile:

I'm from Hungary. :rolleyes:
Reply 63
Original post by juliun
Aw that's horrible... Hopefully you'll get to experience a slightly calmer country when you come to the UK :smile:

I'm from Hungary. :rolleyes:

Hahaha I live in Indonesia and have never visited Kashmir and indonesia is probably the world's most peaceful country. All the best with all of ur choices :smile:
Fed up of UCAS Media emails! I jus tgot an email from Bournemouth University as well but wishing me a happy Christmas. NO. Gimme offers!
LOL at how you'll feel the night before results day:rofl:
Set up your email to your phone, that way you'll be notified when you recieve an email.

Alternatively, set a time for yourself, perhaps before you go to bed, during which you allow yourself to check.

Just relax, you cannot change anything now.

I hope all goes well for you and everyone else applying.
If you get an offer ucas is more likely to get back to you around 5-7pm. So just check once a day then. Also you should aim to check every 5 days. I find that best.
Reply 68
Hi
Can you only see if you get any offer via Track or do the universities or UCAS send you an email also
Thanks
Original post by BoboG
Hi
Can you only see if you get any offer via Track or do the universities or UCAS send you an email also
Thanks

You'll get an email through from UCAS saying something has changed in your Track, providing you selected to accept having emails sent to you, if not you can still change in track. :colone:
In some cases though track updates before you get your email, or if you're invited for an interview it's from the Uni's themselves.
For those who have a smart phone, why don't you get that app which informs you when a change has been made to track.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
For those who have a smart phone, why don't you get that app which informs you when a change has been made to track.

Which app is that? The UCAS Track app has been discontinued and I don't know what other apps there are. :redface:
Reply 72
Original post by Georgiaa356
Fed up of UCAS Media emails! I jus tgot an email from Bournemouth University as well but wishing me a happy Christmas. NO. Gimme offers!

For you and anyone else - the week before results day you'll probably receive an email or postal letter about Clearing. This doe not mean you're in Clearing. It means you ticked the box allowing UCAS to spam you. Whether you receive this magazine has nothing to do with your grades.
Reply 73
Weirdly all my offers so far have come on Wednesday at lunch time! So now i just check on Wednesdays!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I stopped checking my email every five minutes after I downloaded the yahoo!mail app on my ipod, so that it alerts me every time I get a new email. Although now it's so annoying when unis send spam messages, cause I keep getting my hopes up :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by Vicodin
Whenever i get emails i'm like :ahee: but it's usually just youtube or something. ugh.

I can so relate to this - *gets email* oooooh! *has to check* - what does it turn out to be? Youtube or bloody tsr.
Don't get me wrong, i love this site - but I've had to turn notifications off due to the fact its annoyed me everytime i get an email to tell me "someone has posted in bla bla thread". When all i really want is for it to be uni lol
*sigh*

One thing that has never made much sense to me about this site though, why do i get notifications at 2am?
Every bloody time wth ><
Reply 76
I didnt get my first offer until 3 weeks after and then my second (interview) until 6 weeks. Been 7 wks and still waiting for 3 uni's. I got mine at 11.30am and 5.20am. Im addicted to checking my emails and unsubscribed to everything so only get track emails now. Lol.
Reply 77
Applied last year and this really brings back memories - I refreshed my inbox every five minutes and jumped every time I got a push notification; I bookmarked UCAS Track on my phone and never went anywhere without it!!
My first reply came 48 hours after I applied, then the next three weeks after, then another three weeks, and the last two in late March...
I'd say I kept up the refreshing and constant checking for about two weeks before I gave up, then continued with renewed zeal for a week or so each time a new reply came in.

It really is bad for the nerves, though. I recommend setting yourself a specific time to check, e.g at midnight, and only once a day - I did that, and while it doesn't really help reduce the obsession, it stops you from feeding it just a little...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending