The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wooops, i meant last question of the calc! Yeah, I got the last one on non-calc :p:.

Boo hiss, you're never meant to rub out working!

Well I did it in pencil, and if it looked right, i copied it out again in pen. It was just so I didn't have big pen scribbles every time I got something completely wrong! And to save paper... save the trees man!
Reply 41
dreamy_girl
Wooops, i meant last question of the calc! Yeah, I got the last one on non-calc :p:.

Well I did it in pencil, and if it looked right, i copied it out again in pen. It was just so I didn't have big pen scribbles every time I got something completely wrong! And to save paper... save the trees man!

when it comes to exams, **** the trees...save yourself :wink:
Same, I Always answer in pen unless im completely sure i know what i'm doing. I did most of my paper in pencil and inked it, although i can't seem to remember whether i inked my last answer of the calc paper.
See, in a proper exam you shouldn't have time to pencil things in then decide if they look nice or not, and then pen over the nice bits...
Reply 44
Do you need to use pen for the higher maths, im sure we were told pencil was ok at standard grade :s:
considering both papers took me no more than 25 minutes i had sufficient time to do so.
:rolleyes:
i dodnt do english beyond higher but maybe moonface cos she watches over the class? - just a passing observation
Arachnophobia
considering both papers took me no more than 25 minutes i had sufficient time to do so.

Oh get you, you've blitzed Standard Grade maths.

& yes, everything is done in pen at higher minus technical drawing.
yossarianlives
Oh get you, you've blitzed Standard Grade maths.

& yes, everything is done in pen at higher minus technical drawing.

From this year the MCQs at Higher and AH are to be done in pencil as well.
Reply 50
Where do they tell u its done in pen, I did my SG in pencil cus we werent told otherwise.
Reply 51
Oi! Oi!

Good luck everybody. Chances are you've already done a run-through of the exam already - how hard can it be?

Bring it on!

Mk:cool:
Reply 52
What do you mean we've done a run through.
Reply 53
Found the general easy

Dont remember non calc but think i found it harder then the calculator paper where it all seemd fine to me except the last question

Good luck to everyone else doing chem tomorrow ( i know ui'll need it)
Reply 54
danielj315
Found the general easy

Dont remember non calc but think i found it harder then the calculator paper where it all seemd fine to me except the last question

Good luck to everyone else doing chem tomorrow ( i know ui'll need it)

Agreed Daniel. Best of luck to everyone sitting Chemistry and even the idiots who sit CDT (only joking!).

My advice after Maths: READ THE QUESTION!
Reply 55
hey CDT is fun! (well in 1st year so probably still is)

French on tuesday should also be 'fun'!
Reply 56
danielj315
hey CDT is fun! (well in 1st year so probably still is)

French on tuesday should also be 'fun'!

Fraaancais! Yes, I love french!

My french class (before I got moved) was absolutely amazing - a total muckabout. It's what school should be about - literally no work done in a day and plenty of play.
Ha, chem was soo easy for chem! It was simpler than any topic test we've ever done. Only know i've made one stupid mistake, damn candle question.
Reply 58
Chemistry was pathetic last year as well.
Reply 59
yeh wasnt as bad as i thought itd be either!

Latest

Trending

Trending