The Student Room Group

BBC Advanced Journalism Apprenticeship

Has anyone heard back from the BBC about an interview ?

Scroll to see replies

I haven’t yet . I think you just have to wait you’ll find out either way
Reply 2
I haven’t yet either. It says in late January, but I wasn’t sure if they meant the interviews are held then or that’s when we’ll be invited?
No I haven’t ! I’m hoping it’ll be any day now x
Reply 4
Anyone heard anything?
Reply 5
Original post by 17mleh
Anyone heard anything?

nothing yet
I just got my email saying I’d been invited to an online interview about half an hour ago x

Original post by izzy.riley
nothing yet
Reply 7
I got one too ! Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions they ask?
Reply 8
I have as well! They’re usually things ranging between pitching an original story, feedback on a post/article etc.

Hope that’s helpful! Good luck ☺️
Reply 9
Original post by izzy.riley
I got one too ! Does anyone have any idea what kind of questions they ask?

I just realised that obviously everyone has applied to specific locations! So maybe the locations have different questions too?
Reply 10
Has anyone submitted?
Original post by 17mleh
Has anyone submitted?

I have!
Reply 12
Original post by amyjoforsythe
I have!

Me too!!!
Original post by 17mleh
Me too!!!

Best of luck!!!
Reply 14
Good luck to you as well!!

Best of luck!!!
god luck guys! anyone have any idea when they'll get back to us? I know the final stage starts 20th march but wondered how long in advance we'd find out if we get through
Original post by izwhizz
god luck guys! anyone have any idea when they'll get back to us? I know the final stage starts 20th march but wondered how long in advance we'd find out if we get through

The deadline is Feb 1st so I’m depending on how long they take to review them all. I’m hoping it’ll be like 2 weeks or so after so we have time to prep if we end up getting through!
Reply 17
The deadline is Feb 1st so I’m depending on how long they take to review them all. I’m hoping it’ll be like 2 weeks or so after so we have time to prep if we end up getting through!

I’m hoping that’s the case too! I guess it depends on how they asses that stage as well, I noticed in the prompt after submitting that they use a number of data points to asses our application and decide if we’re successful? So I wonder if it’ll be a quicker process.

I have a feeling it’ll be nearer to the end of this month we’d hear back? Though the fact each application is now narrowed down to specific locations, they may have more people reviewing, so would take less time?

Last time I applied, I got through to the final stage and it was a very long process - though, you didn’t apply directly to a different location you just noted a preference. So all applications went to the same place, I imagine.

A lot harder to pick through! That’s only a theory of mine haha.
Reply 18
Hey guys 👋 I’m a little nervous about the video interview and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect. I’ve never done one of these before *
Reply 19
Original post by A211ali
Hey guys 👋 I’m a little nervous about the video interview and I was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect. I’ve never done one of these before �*

Hey! Don’t worry, it’s a really short interview. I think it’s around 1.5 minutes! You only have a minute to prepare as well, but it’s more about introducing yourself. Very casual! I’m not sure if the questions are different for each location, though.

good luck! ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending