The Student Room Group

How do I get over him? I want him so much.

He pursued me but now he does not make effort anymore. I want him so badly though. I know I can make him happy. We were so happy. We never even dated but he just turned cold on me. I wish he would tell me why. We cuddled in bed, hugged, talked, laughed, cried. It happened over a short space of time but he made me feel so alive, so happy, so confident and free. Then he lost interest. We didn't sleep together because I thought we should take things slow. He doesn't want me :frown: It is driving me insane. Every day I think of ways to get him back. But nothing works. I can't move on.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Call him, tell him how you feel and ask him why he's turned cold and what he wants. If it goes well then you can get back together, if not then move on, plenty more fish dear :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HenryD
Call him, tell him how you feel and ask him why he's turned cold and what he wants. If it goes well then you can get back together, if not then move on, plenty more fish dear :smile:

I begged him to tell me why he changed. He gave me vague excuses. He still flirts very occasionally which is wy I still have hope. But I have never wanted a guy so much. It doesn't feel that any guy out there can compare to him right now.
Move on. You can't make someone want to be with you.
Original post by Anonymous
He pursued me but now he does not make effort anymore. I want him so badly though. I know I can make him happy. We were so happy. We never even dated but he just turned cold on me. I wish he would tell me why. We cuddled in bed, hugged, talked, laughed, cried. It happened over a short space of time but he made me feel so alive, so happy, so confident and free. Then he lost interest. We didn't sleep together because I thought we should take things slow. He doesn't want me :frown: It is driving me insane. Every day I think of ways to get him back. But nothing works. I can't move on.

Pursue him?
Reply 5
Original post by marcus2001
Pursue him?

Trust me I have. I have made a total fool of myself. He won't budge. But he still replies to my texts, says kind things and rarely flirts. But he is not asking me out anymore or asking to come and see me or helping me with my problems or saying he wants to cuddle. It hurts but he won't tell me why :frown:
In a similarish position, I would say if he's happier without you, you have to let him go. I haven't told the guy I saw for a while how I feel but I think its probably best I do soon, same with you. If he says he doesn't feel the same well... you always can remember how good things were when you were together and if he doesn't want a romantic relationship theres nothing you can do. There are plenty more wonderful guys out there! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by truthandtragedy
Move on. You can't make someone want to be with you.

I am thinking by giign him some space, being a bit less contactable and playing it cool will work. He may have found me too clingy...
Reply 8
I begged him to tell me why he changed. He gave me vague excuses. He still flirts very occasionally which is wy I still have hope. But I have never wanted a guy so much. It doesn't feel that any guy out there can compare to him right now.

You need to thrash it out with him and if you can't work things out then just walk away.
Reply 9
Move on. It's the hardest thing to do, but you'll find someone better.
Did you tell him you liked him?
I had this recently, I moved on and now he wants me back saying that he went cold because he realised we were getting close and didn't want to get hurt again (bad last relationship). I'm not sure if I believe him though. Things happened between us to soon and I'm uncertain as to if he genuinely wants me or is just missing those things. But I'm also reluctant to believe him because he dropped me so easily after everything that happened between us.

I'd recommend just moving on - easier said than done, I know. But remove him from facebook so you don't have to see his face, stop talking to him and focus on other things (friends/family/work/education). I was lucky in that I found someone new who put me off the original guy - I wouldn't recommend activly looking for someone though - that can lead to mistakes.

If he's going to come back, he will. And if not than you're better off without him.
Reply 12
Move on dear. Things wouldn't be like this if you were meant to be together. Tell him your side and if still nothing happens then I guess a goodbye is in order

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Trust me I have. I have made a total fool of myself. He won't budge. But he still replies to my texts, says kind things and rarely flirts. But he is not asking me out anymore or asking to come and see me or helping me with my problems or saying he wants to cuddle. It hurts but he won't tell me why :frown:

ASK HIM. It sounds like you just expect him to 'pursue you' and make all the moves, he's clearly had enough of that. Just ask him out. If he says yes, great. If not, you can try to move on properly
Reply 14
Yeah, I did this, I pursued lots of girls at uni for the chase, but when I knew she wanted me, I didn't want her anymore, it all seemed to easy. I guess I wasn't ready to commit to anything as well? Are you at uni, maybe he's not looking for a relationship, that way you'll have to convince him.

Lies Harriet, your not even hawt though!?
Reply 15
Original post by xOHarriet
I had this recently, I moved on and now he wants me back saying that he went cold because he realised we were getting close and didn't want to get hurt again (bad last relationship). I'm not sure if I believe him though. Things happened between us to soon and I'm uncertain as to if he genuinely wants me or is just missing those things. But I'm also reluctant to believe him because he dropped me so easily after everything that happened between us.

I'd recommend just moving on - easier said than done, I know. But remove him from facebook so you don't have to see his face, stop talking to him and focus on other things (friends/family/work/education). I was lucky in that I found someone new who put me off the original guy - I wouldn't recommend activly looking for someone though - that can lead to mistakes.

If he's going to come back, he will. And if not than you're better off without him.

That sounds just like my situation. I too also suspect that he may have gone cold cause of a last bad relationship and a fear of getting hurt. At the time I was going through a messy break up and he seemed to take a step back. It's just maddening cause I am crazy about him and he won't give in and tell me where I stand. Because he still hasn't outright said he doesn't like me I haven't lost hope. I really hope if I move on and give him space he will chase me. I haven't texted him all day which is a first for me, and I won't contact him now until he does me. Ahhh I'm glad you moved on. I don't think I can so soon but we shall see....
"Move on"is the best bit of advice in a so far terrible pool of offerings, though I fear you will just fall into a similar desperation with someone else. If you actually want to get people, whining and attempting to persuade them with arguments and reasoning are not the ways to do it. Going slow is fine, but you have to keep the sexual chemistry alive and give him the impression it can go somewhere or he will lose interest. You are going to have to tease the hell outta him, act nonchalant and with total confidence, be alluring sexually, seduce him and create some chase. Be a prize that he must work for, being unavailable makes you desirable. Stop the calls, stop the desperately seeking answers and play him like a flipping violin. Alternatively, move on and cut all contact, be cold and confident in your desicion, move on with dignity.
Reply 17
Original post by Zubes
Yeah, I did this, I pursued lots of girls at uni for the chase, but when I knew she wanted me, I didn't want her anymore, it all seemed to easy. I guess I wasn't ready to commit to anything as well? Are you at uni, maybe he's not looking for a relationship, that way you'll have to convince him.

Lies Harriet, your not even hawt though!?

I was worried this was it, the thrill of the chase. I know he found me attractive but not sure if he even liked me as anything more. I just feel so confused. It hurts that I might have been nothing more than a conquest to him. I mean we didnt sleep together but other stuff happened. Am hoping if I ignore him for a few days he will miss me, maybe the whole him wanting what he can't have may come into play. I am at uni, he graduated last year and is now working....
If you know him through a social scene that goes out now and then, I would say your best bet is to for the moment leave things as they are, and wait until you're both drunk, stumbling around a club and are both equalling professing romance for one another. He might come to his senses.
Reply 19
I was worried this was it, the thrill of the chase. I know he found me attractive but not sure if he even liked me as anything more. I just feel so confused. It hurts that I might have been nothing more than a conquest to him. I mean we didnt sleep together but other stuff happened. Am hoping if I ignore him for a few days he will miss me, maybe the whole him wanting what he can't have may come into play. I am at uni, he graduated last year and is now working....

Yeah, but if he's good, he'll know what your doing when you get back into contact. Girls tried the whole ignoring me, then texting me later on, or trying to make me jealous, one even brought another guy to the club (dancing/kissing him in front of me even when i moved to another area she would follow) her friends told me because I knew it was obvious she was following. So don't make it obvious if you do down that route, although, surprisingly, the only thing girls haven't tried, and the one most likely to get some attention, would be if a girl just talked to me and expressed her feelings, ever though of just putting yourself out there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending