The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
sam488120
Does anybody know how good this course is? And how difficult is it to get into?

Also what are the career destinations esp. for international students.

Regards

Sam

I don't know the course in particular, however I knew a few people on it, one of whom was from Princeton-which I found impressive! I remember being told a GRE was required, at LSE we tend to have some real high flyers on the GRE-I mean exceptionally good results. I can only assume that its employment prospects are similar to the MSc in Management and other related Biz masters degrees. I should point out the employment prospects are generally excellent-in whatever corporate field you'd wish to enter, however as you're a postgraduate a lot of the focus will be on your pre MSc qualifications too, maybe even experience, depending on your age.

Also, if you're a non EU citizen, things can get rather difficult as you'll require a work permit, these can be very difficult to find sponsorship for. So, that could be very highly problematic. I've been away from the UK now for nearly a year, so I am not soo familar with the graduate market, however if it's still down it's even more difficult to get companies to sponsor you. Actually, it could be highly frustrating as quite a few employers do not even seriously look at your application if you've not got a permit. However I do know of several cases of where top corps ended up taking on non EU personnel, it does happen...

Oh naturally if you are an EU student, or you're not even considering work in the UK then all of the above is irrelevant!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks for some good advice. But being a non-EU citizen I'll have to keep the work permit issue in mind.

Sam
J.S.
I don't know the course in particular, however I knew a few people on it, one of whom was from Princeton-which I found impressive! I remember being told a GRE was required, at LSE we tend to have some real high flyers on the GRE-I mean exceptionally good results. I can only assume that its employment prospects are similar to the MSc in Management and other related Biz masters degrees. I should point out the employment prospects are generally excellent-in whatever corporate field you'd wish to enter, however as you're a postgraduate a lot of the focus will be on your pre MSc qualifications too, maybe even experience, depending on your age.

Also, if you're a non EU citizen, things can get rather difficult as you'll require a work permit, these can be very difficult to find sponsorship for. So, that could be very highly problematic. I've been away from the UK now for nearly a year, so I am not soo familar with the graduate market, however if it's still down it's even more difficult to get companies to sponsor you. Actually, it could be highly frustrating as quite a few employers do not even seriously look at your application if you've not got a permit. However I do know of several cases of where top corps ended up taking on non EU personnel, it does happen...

Oh naturally if you are an EU student, or you're not even considering work in the UK then all of the above is irrelevant!

I endorse this, I think the degree is linked to the new(ish) Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Regulation, which has big funding from corporate sponsors..
Reply 4
W.A.S Hewins
I endorse this, I think the degree is linked to the new(ish) Centre for the Analysis of Risk and Regulation, which has big funding from corporate sponsors..

haha, if it's new it has no significant 'real world impact', and according to your mentallity, which is evident in almost every one of your posts, it ought to be avoided! (Incidentally I do not personally adhere to this view)
Reply 5
No real world impact? Avoided?

I'm a little lost here. Could you clarify.

Latest

Trending

Trending