It's time of the year!

Current University:
Degree Title:
Achieved/Expected Grades:
Prospective LSE Course:

Country you are from:
Plans to submit application on:
Other Universities and Course you’re applying to:

After you have received a decision, some applicants may be curious to know the following, but please avoid worrying if someone has heard back sooner than you; it does not necessarily mean you will be rejected.

Course:
Date applied (including references):
Interview date (if applicable):
Decision date and whether seen on the portal or received via e-mail:
Decision:
Did you see your transcript drop (by this we mean see the transcript appears at the bottom of the list of documents on the portal)? And if so, on what date?
If successful, were you successful in obtaining funding from GSS? If so, how much? If not, how much did you request?

Disclaimer: Please note, unless stated otherwise, posters on this thread do not work for LSE's admissions department, therefore do not take our opinion as being 100% accurate. If you need certainty, contact LSE directly.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone received their ID after submitting their application and references?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone received their ID after submitting their application and references?

Wow thats really fast. Have your referees submitted their letters? I am not sure if that might affect the lse id timing
Wow thats really fast. Have your referees submitted their letters? I am not sure if that might affect the lse id timing

Yes they did. I looked at their processing times page and it seems like they left the date for what applications they are processing blank so maybe they haven’t started reviewing applications yet?
Yes they did. I looked at their processing times page and it seems like they left the date for what applications they are processing blank so maybe they haven’t started reviewing applications yet?

I believe that site is updated once a week. They will probably look at yours soon since you're the first in the queue :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what course are you are applying for? are you an international student?
Hi! Is anyone else applying for the PhD in Law ? :smile:

Current University: LSE
Degree Title: LLM
Achieved/Expected Grades: Distinction
Prospective LSE Course: PhD Law
Other Universities and Course you’re applying to: Cambridge, Edinburgh, Oxford
(edited 2 years ago)
I believe that site is updated once a week. They will probably look at yours soon since you're the first in the queue :smile: If you don't mind me asking, what course are you are applying for? are you an international student?

It's actually updated everyday (sometimes more than once). I'm an international student and applying to misdi :smile:
anyone got their id yet?
Reply 8
I’m applying to MSc International Development for 2022 entry - does anyone know when applications will open as the page currently says they are closed (2021/22)?
Original post by benzz198
I’m applying to MSc International Development for 2022 entry - does anyone know when applications will open as the page currently says they are closed (2021/22)?

I think applications are open now for most courses if not all. Even if it says closed on the website, if it’s listed as one of the programs when you apply, then it’s open.
https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Available-programmes
Reply 10

The most updated list of available programmes can be found here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Available-programmes
You can also open an account and see whether your programme can be found on the list of courses there.
All the best.

The 2021/22 application cycle's start date was in September 2021.
Applications for the 2022/23 cycle opened last week on 5th October 2021.
Degree Title: BSc Politics & Economics
Achieved/Expected Grades: 1st
Prospective LSE Course: MSc Political Science & Political Economy
Other Universities and Course you’re applying to: KCL (MA Political Economy)
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey everyone! I had a bit of a whirlwind LSE application process but I'm excited to start next year finally. Just joining on to this thread to make connections really.

Degree Title: BSc Politics and International Relations
Achieved Grades: 2.1
Prospective LSE Course: MSc International Political Economy
Country you are from: Jamaica
Plans to submit application on: n/a
Other Universities and Course you’re applying to: n/a

Date applied (including references): 20 February 2020
Decision date and whether seen on the portal or received via e-mail: Put on the reserve list 11 March 2020, reinstated application 18 November 2020, unconditional offer 16 January 2021, deferral approval 12 February 2021
Decision: unconditional offer for deferred entry for the 2022/23 academic year
Did you see your transcript drop (by this we mean see the transcript appears at the bottom of the list of documents on the portal)? And if so, on what date?: Nope, wasn't paying attention to that at the time tbh.
If successful, were you successful in obtaining funding from GSS? If so, how much? If not, how much did you request?: Haven't filled out the GSS yet but I will update you all when I do.
Saw this new programme for 2022 entry listed on the economic history department course page. I am an economics student who has also studied a fair bit of finance. I wish to apply to the economic history programme, and have almost completed my application. However, I can't help but wonder that given my backgorund my chances for admission will be higher for the financial history programme. Should I apply to both? Is it advisable to apply to two similar programmes under the same department for postgraduate study?
Achieved/Expected Grades: First
Prospective LSE Course: MSc Economic History
Country you are from: India
Plans to submit application on: 1st week of November.
I applied to do this course and just received my Id number yesterday. Have you submitted your application already?
It looks like MISDI applicants are the majority so far :smile:
I was wondering if based on previous years we should expect to hear back in Nov if we are waitlisted and before the holidays in Dec with the final decision?
Hey guys,

I applied for the 2022 entry M. Sc. International Health Policy (Health Economics). My application was completed and sent to Department for consideration on 19th October. I also have received my ID and have access to the application tracker.

LSE stated on their website that it takes 8 weeks for a decision, but I also read that they will only release offers from January on. Does anyone know if I can expect to get a decision before January?

Thank you!
Reply 18
Original post by HE_Student
Hey guys,

I applied for the 2022 entry M. Sc. International Health Policy (Health Economics). My application was completed and sent to Department for consideration on 19th October. I also have received my ID and have access to the application tracker.

LSE stated on their website that it takes 8 weeks for a decision, but I also read that they will only release offers from January on. Does anyone know if I can expect to get a decision before January?

Thank you!

Hi! May i ask which page states that decision will be made from jan? Is it specific to ur programme :smile:?
Original post by Fikun66
Hi! May i ask which page states that decision will be made from jan? Is it specific to ur programme :smile:?

Hi :smile: It is stated here : https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Applicants/The-admissions-process ("Once you have submitted your application" - "Time frame for decisions").

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending