The Student Room Group

how to tell if he just wants to get into your pants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jnkesd
Yes they are. Why do you think we put up with all the nonsense in a relationship, to get to the tunnel at the end of the light. We enter into relationships because we have a need to reproduce and of course that makes us want sex all the time. Immortality is what drives the whole thing but sex is the ultimate goal.

Then have a one night stand or casual sex ? dont string girls along who end up falling in love with you. Also you cant state a relationship is based on sex i.e what if your partner was seriously ill and couldnt have sex or for instance after women have babies on average its 6 months to a year before women want sex again do their husbands leave them because there not getting laid no of course they dont. Sex is a important part of a relationship but its not the goal and the only thing
Constantly referring to sex either directly, or through innuendo and euphemisms. And I don't mean the occasional reference, everyone likes a bit of cheek, but if it's a lot, then it's almost certainly on his mind.
Reply 42
I think most guys are going to try to get in your pants ASAP. If you don't want casual sex and you want a relationship the point is to not let them and make it clear that you want more than that. Then its up to them to decide whether they actually like you and would be interested in something more than casual sex. Once you've been seeing each other for a bit, in my experience it's pretty clear whether/when they have reached the point of caring about you for more than sex.
Reply 43
This entire thread is kind of futile. Of course any man you are courting wants to get in your pants, it would be a pity if they didn't!
Reply 44
Original post by alamode09
I think most guys are going to try to get in your pants ASAP. If you don't want casual sex and you want a relationship the point is to not let them and make it clear that you want more than that. Then its up to them to decide whether they actually like you and would be interested in something more than casual sex. Once you've been seeing each other for a bit, in my experience it's pretty clear whether/when they have reached the point of caring about you for more than sex.

Pretty much nailed it on the head. Kudos.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
lol thanks for the replies

what if he is constantly messaging and he has already introduced you to his best friend?

He's either:

A) slyly planning on organising a threesome (unlikely).

or

B) very keen on taking things to a new level with you. I.E. introducing you to his friends to seek their approval (most likely).
Original post by todge
This entire thread is kind of futile. Of course any man you are courting wants to get in your pants, it would be a pity if they didn't!
This, although some guys will just want that & some guys will want a relationship too, most decent guys would indicate early on whether they want anything serious or not before she has a chance to develop any proper feelings for him anyway.
Reply 47
Original post by alamode09

While a lot of people may agree with you, and admittedly you have used the word 'most,' I still think saying this is a generalisation. The reason is because there are a significant amount of guys who actually want a relationship and do not have the aim of getting into a girl's pants 'ASAP.' I don't believe even the majority of guys just think with their penises, and need someone else to tell them every single time to decide if they want relationship or not.
Reply 48
Original post by Danz123
While a lot of people may agree with you, and admittedly you have used the word 'most,' I still think saying this is a generalisation. The reason is because there are a significant amount of guys who actually want a relationship and do not have the aim of getting into a girl's pants 'ASAP.' I don't believe even the majority of guys just think with their penises, and need someone else to tell them every single time to decide if they want relationship or not.

Right. I suppose by "most" I am referring to the guys I have had experience with and those guys with whom my friends have had experiences with. Generally, these would be decently attractive, social guys ages ~19-23 at our university which is located in the middle of nowhere, USA--although it also includes our various experiences/hookups in NYC and abroad (UK and France). So really, this is a pretty specific subset of males that I am referring to, for clarification.

Even of these guys, some of them of course might want a straight out relationship. But most of those that I know are looking for casual sex and to explore their options before settling down. They are usually interested in having a relationship with a girl that they hook up with but end up really liking, they just don't think that sex necessitates a serious relationship. That being said, many girls of this demographic are looking for the same sort of thing.

I think problems usually arise during the years of 23-27, when a lot of girls are looking to settle down in a serious relationship that could lead to marriage, and many guys still want to continue with their no-strings-attached casual sex.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending