The Student Room Group

Norland College???

Cv
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I had my interview in Feb and got a place :biggrin: very excited! how did your interview go? have you got the place?
Reply 2
I know this isn't very helpful but it seems so backwards and old fashioned. Why on earth would you want to be trained as a nanny now when there are so many doors opened.
Reply 3
Original post by dahlia1
Milliecope-

I did get my place and I am SO excited! Sent back all my forms now, can't wait for September; I didn't apply anywhere else, so I was so amazed and grateful to get my place. :biggrin:

Jelly1000-

?Do you mean because so many doors are open in child are today? Norland, for me, at least is the best place to train if you want a job in childcare as the qualification is so versatile and equips you for work in a range of childcare settings. Yes, it does work towards the Norland Diploma, which is geared towards working as a nanny, but the focus is now really on the Early Years Development and Learning degree, which opens so many doors. So, while the Norland name will carry me all over the world with its prestige, the degree will enable me to train further and do anything I like in childcare, without having to decide it all right now! Personally I'd like to nanny for 6/7 years and then do a PGCE :smile:

i mean there are so many doors open now to women other than become a nanny. i dont understand why someone would choose to become one when its so restrictive and poorly paid.
Original post by jelly1000
i mean there are so many doors open now to women other than become a nanny. i dont understand why someone would choose to become one when its so restrictive and poorly paid.

Norland nannies? Poorly paid :eek:

Welcome to Planet Earth. Have you travelled far? President Obama will see you shortly and an audience with the Pope will be arranged as soon as there is a Pope for you to meet.
Reply 5
i HAVE A QUESTION!? So where do the Norland girls stay? Do you stay at home or you can stay at the college?
Reply 6
Thank you so much, I think I might apply..it looks so good! Do you know how it's like? I will be there at the open day very soon I think...
Reply 7
Hi, I have also applied for this course at Norland. Would you be able to pm me about the interview as I have one coming up very soon! I am freaking out about it very much like you were!
Reply 8
Original post by Strawberry2
Hi, I have also applied for this course at Norland. Would you be able to pm me about the interview as I have one coming up very soon! I am freaking out about it very much like you were!

Yup, I think I have sent you one!
Reply 9
Oh any chance I could hear about people interview experience. I've got mine soon but I'm applying for 2014 entry
Reply 10
Cv
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Just found out I've been accepted. Can't wait until I start now
Reply 12
Original post by dahlia1
Yup, I think I have sent you one!

Is there any chance you or anyone else could give me any information about the Norland college interviews? I have recently applied and would love to hear from anyone :smile:
Original post by sianny94
Is there any chance you or anyone else could give me any information about the Norland college interviews? I have recently applied and would love to hear from anyone :smile:

I'm afraid we can't let people tell you specific interview questions, as that would give you an unfair advantage :frown:

Good luck for your interview though!
Reply 14
With the presentation for the interview day, did people just talk or did they use power points? :smile:
Reply 15
I didn't give my presentation in person but I did a PowerPoint slides how with notes

Original post by Poppy29
With the presentation for the interview day, did people just talk or did they use power points? :smile:
Ok im sorry but i know this thread is a little old now but would it be possible for any of you to tell me how you are funding the course? I am looking to apply next year (I live in Scotland) but I have no idea how I would fund it :colondollar: It is so expensive not even including living expenses. I would probably have to take 2 or 3 years of working to earn the money to fund the course. How do you plan to fund your course?

Any help gratefully welcomed :colondollar:

Thank you in advance x
Original post by theblackparade
Ok im sorry but i know this thread is a little old now but would it be possible for any of you to tell me how you are funding the course? I am looking to apply next year (I live in Scotland) but I have no idea how I would fund it :colondollar: It is so expensive not even including living expenses. I would probably have to take 2 or 3 years of working to earn the money to fund the course. How do you plan to fund your course?

Any help gratefully welcomed :colondollar:

Thank you in advance x

As it's a private college, you can take £6000 in tuition fee loans, plus all the usual maintenance support from the government. This means that your parents will not be expected to contribute any more for maintenance than they would be at any other institution - it's means tested.

However, the fees are £12,750 per year and so that obviously leaves a £6,750 shortfall www.norland.co.uk/how_to_apply/fees

They do have some bursaries available, which are listed here http://www.norland.co.uk/how_to_apply/bursaries but I'm afraid that beyond that it's probably going to be a question of the Bank of Mum and Dad funding you. However, Norland graduates do appear to be fairly well paid, so I think that it would be feasible to do it on the basis that you would pay them back once you graduated, if that was feasible for your family.
Original post by Origami Bullets
As it's a private college, you can take £6000 in tuition fee loans, plus all the usual maintenance support from the government. This means that your parents will not be expected to contribute any more for maintenance than they would be at any other institution - it's means tested.

However, the fees are £12,750 per year and so that obviously leaves a £6,750 shortfall www.norland.co.uk/how_to_apply/fees

They do have some bursaries available, which are listed here http://www.norland.co.uk/how_to_apply/bursaries but I'm afraid that beyond that it's probably going to be a question of the Bank of Mum and Dad funding you. However, Norland graduates do appear to be fairly well paid, so I think that it would be feasible to do it on the basis that you would pay them back once you graduated, if that was feasible for your family.

Thank you so much :colondollar: Its not feasible for Bank of Mum and Dad to fund me unfortunately :frown: I guess taking a year or two to work and save would be my option :smile:

Thanks again
Original post by theblackparade
Thank you so much :colondollar: Its not feasible for Bank of Mum and Dad to fund me unfortunately :frown: I guess taking a year or two to work and save would be my option :smile:

Thanks again

Working is a good option if it's something relevant, but do make sure that you apply for the bursaries before you make such a decision - there's no point taking time out to save up if there are funding sources that you haven't checked out yet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending