The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Can't speak for chambers but some top law firms do.
Reply 2
I got a weeks worth of experience at the biggest firm in my area by just sending them a letter. I also got a mini pupillage by doing the same. I just sent a letter and called them afterwards. However I think the larger firms have their own way of doing things.
Reply 3
Yes - they interview.
Reply 4
Baadshah
I got a weeks worth of experience at the biggest firm in my area by just sending them a letter. I also got a mini pupillage by doing the same. I just sent a letter and called them afterwards. However I think the larger firms have their own way of doing things.
That isn't a vacation placement though and I'm pretty sure that you haven't done a mini-pupillage. To the best of my understanding, these are the names given to the work experience that undergraduates do while they are in university, not just work experience which is organised beforehand on a relatively informal level.
Reply 5
TommehR
That isn't a vacation placement though and I'm pretty sure that you haven't done a mini-pupillage. To the best of my understanding, these are the names given to the work experience that undergraduates do while they are in university, not just work experience which is organised beforehand on a relatively informal level.

the experience at the solicitors firm was 'work experience' not a vaction scheme as ur paid for those however the time I spent with a barrister WAS a mini pupillage.
Reply 6
Baadshah
the experience at the solicitors firm was 'work experience' not a vaction scheme as ur paid for those however the time I spent with a barrister WAS a mini pupillage.
I was under the impression that to undertake a mini-pupillage you were normally required to be in the penultimate year of a Law degree or be holding a place on the CPE. I might be wrong though.
You are wrong. Although some chambers only give mini-pupillages to under grads (due to lack of spaces) there is no reason why anyone cant do them.

Just to add, I didnt have any interviews for the 6 mini-pupillages I did.
Reply 8
I had an interview for my eversheds vac scheme (I know not MC but its big!!!) and didnt have one for my mini-pupillage at Devereux chambers in london

Latest

Trending

Trending