The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im re-taking this November! after being one mark away from a grade C, and when I relised this, it was too late to appeal.
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries are this year for intermediate tier? My coursework is most likely to be a grade D - not good, I know. Im guessing I would need to scrape a grade B in the exams to get an overall C? A grade B would be around 65-70 marks, right? someone please reply! its driving me crazy cos the exam is comin up soon.........
Reply 2
Anyone know the grade boundaries this year for intermediate tier, maths GCSE? Im guesing for a grade B, it would be around 65-70 marks in the exam? someone reply please!
I am. I haven't revised at all. Ohhhh my gosh. I was 7 marks off last time. I've just been to the 'revision lessons.'
Reply 4
I was one mark off but by the time I worked that out...it was too late :frown:
Well look at it this way, if you were 1 mark off last time just revise a little harder than last time and you'll be well within the boundaries.
Reply 6
Yeah I suppose you have a point!
Im just hoping the grade boundaries dont change too much! If they do change, then I hope they go down! (for my sake!!)
Reply 7
Algebra really p***** me off lol
I mean, why is it relevant???
Reply 8
i got a E because i was in the stupid class with the chavs. im doing the full course at college which means ill resit in june. anyway im now on a C and iv only been there 8 weeks.

apprantly the grade boundries are the same as last summer gcse maths.

oh and the tiers are changing in june, its only going to be fondation and higher. how much better is that?
Reply 9
Cat E
I was one mark off but by the time I worked that out...it was too late :frown:

Why didn't your school pick that up and appeal straight away?? They get the marks and the grade boundaries. Poor on their part IMO.
I'm going the exam next week. According to my maths teacher the boundaries go down because the November test is harder than the June one.
Reply 11
Anyone doing it with AQA tomorrow? its the non-calculator paper so it aint gonna be THAT hard *crosses fingers*, that leaves you with a few nights this week to revise the calculator paper.

Anyway, its the last time this exam is done in November with AQA, my teacher said, he also said they may be more lenient as this is the last time you can carry marks over etc and because its the last time..who knows.
yeah i am resitting tomorrow to! :frown:
Reply 13
You are in the same boat as me lad. I'm doing my a-levels, but I could never get maths at all. Coursework done and dusted and sent away.

I wanna get this out of the road.
Reply 14

Is anyone doing higher tier
Reply 15
Some warm up questions for ya's.

Factorise 3x-6

Factorise x (squared) - 2x
Reply 16
3(x-2) :P
how did everyone find the AQA intermediate maths paper 1 today ?
Reply 18
I did edexcel today.....It was ok but I've just remembered I got one of the most easiest questions wrong :frown: looking back on it now im just aahhh
Reply 19
Cat E
I did edexcel today.....It was ok but I've just remembered I got one of the most easiest questions wrong :frown: looking back on it now im just aahhh

which tier

Latest