The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Selection Day for Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Smiffle
Hi I have an interview on Tuesday for Mental Health Nursing at Kings. Is there any sites/help for the exams? I'm 23 and haven't studied math in a long time as I'm a fashion graduate (I know a bit of a change) and also what entails in the writing exam? I just feel a bit useless. I only recorded the email today for the interview on Tuesday. Can't quite decide if that's a good thing or not...Maybe not.

Kind regards
x

Hi,
This website has a sample literacy and numeracy test for kings.
www.kcl.ac.uk/nursing/study/applicants/preregistration/.../tests.aspx

Alternatively you can check out these sites for general help on maths and English.
www.move-on.org.uk/
www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise
www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize

I hope it helps! I have an interview for child nursing next wednesday,
all the best for your selection day.:smile:

you may find this helpful as well!
standards.nmc-uk.org/PreRegNursing/.../competencies/.../Competencies.aspx
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi guys! I applied for Midwifery and King's was my first choice. I was gutted when they rejected me but a week or so ago, I got an email from them, out the blue! It was written personally, and apologised for the rejection, and offered me a place for the Adult Nursing Selection Day on 22nd May.

I'm overjoyed, but worried. I need 6 more distinctions from my access course to meet a potential offer from them and I think it's impossible at this point. Only a few units left :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by HopefulMidwife
Hi guys! I applied for Midwifery and King's was my first choice. I was gutted when they rejected me but a week or so ago, I got an email from them, out the blue! It was written personally, and apologised for the rejection, and offered me a place for the Adult Nursing Selection Day on 22nd May.

I'm overjoyed, but worried. I need 6 more distinctions from my access course to meet a potential offer from them and I think it's impossible at this point. Only a few units left :frown:

Hi,
I'm sure you will manage to get the grades, even if you fall short of a grade or two the selection day will be a good opportunity to stand out and highlight the qualities that will make you a good midwife. I guarantee you that the selection day will probably weigh heavily on their decision to make an exception. Best of luck!
Reply 23
How long did it take you to hear from Kings after your selection day?
Reply 24
Anyone heard from Kings about child nursing.
Reply 25
I've been invited for a selection day on the 15th of January :smile:
Nerves kicking in now.
Reply 26
Original post by priya8D
I've been invited for a selection day on the 15th of January :smile:
Nerves kicking in now.

How long ago did you apply. I'm still waiting. What have you applied to.
Reply 27
Original post by Donnabing
How long ago did you apply. I'm still waiting. What have you applied to.

I applied to do Adult nursing and sent my UCAS form in the last week of October. I got a response from Kings just this monday. I waited about just over a month :smile:
What have you applied to do?
Reply 28
Original post by priya8D
I applied to do Adult nursing and sent my UCAS form in the last week of October. I got a response from Kings just this monday. I waited about just over a month :smile:
What have you applied to do?

Applied for Child on 5th November. Taking forever.
Reply 29
Original post by Donnabing
Applied for Child on 5th November. Taking forever.

Not too long after I applied! Hang in there :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by priya8D
Not too long after I applied! Hang in there :smile:

Haha trying too. If I do t hear anything g next week I guess it will be new year as end if term next week. Might just kill me waiting 2 weeks over Xmas lol
Reply 31
I was wondering about that today!!! I've got an interview(selection day) on the 15th of Jan. It seems so weird not to have a interview
Reply 32
Hi everyone, I still waiting for a reply from kings for child nursing... I didnt hear from them yet, I dont know what to do
Original post by Cookie2U
Hi everyone, I still waiting for a reply from kings for child nursing... I didnt hear from them yet, I dont know what to do

I haven't heard anything either, don't worry!! I think people who applied like me at the end of November ish time are still waiting :-( When did you apply? x
Reply 34
Oh hello!! thanks, Ya I applied around the same time but around early November :smile: The waiting is just so frustrating!!
Reply 35
I had mine on the same day! did you go for midwifery or adult nursing? I haven't heard anything back yet and i'm really worried!! have you had anything?
Reply 36
I applied for child nursing, but haven't had an interview yet. I just got an email saying that my application was being processed..... me too, im worried also
Colleges are struggling to find fast cash these days and surprisingly, it’s coming to them via an odd client base. Another factor in the rising cost of college, perhaps an uncontrollable one, is the shift from a professional to a business model of higher education, a trend similar to that observed in the legal and medical professions. Colleges seem far more competitive than of old, as symptomized by the big-business type salaries increasingly commanded by successful college executives, where success is measured primarily in financial terms.
Reply 38
I also applied to kings around early November last year and I'm yet to hear anything back till date

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
What was the selection day like? Mine is on Tuesday and I'm worried I'll blend into the background in the group discussion :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest