The Student Room Group

Rhinoplasty on NHS?

Hi everyone,
I wanted to ask a question about Rhinoplasty (Nose job),

I read online that you could receive it on the NHS if you qualify...however I am not sure if I would?

I was referred to the ENT by my doctor, to have a look at my nose...He told me the bone inside was really curved and is blocking one nostril, for a few years I have been unable to breath through my nose and have had to breath ouf of my mouth.

I constantly get sore throats as I always breath from my mouth.

The ENT told me to try a salt and water solution to try and unblock my nose, however this has not worked. He said I would have to wait until I am 18 atleast before anybody would do anything to my nose, I am now 18.

I was wandering if this reason was ok to receive it on the NHS? This is not a cosmetic reason and is more of a health reason, as i really does affect me.

I get really paranoid people are looking at me, as i breath out of my mouth.

Please can someone advise?
Original post by GorgeousQueen

Please can someone advise?

Your doctor should be able to advise if you can have the operation on the nhs and how much of a risk it poses.
Reply 2
Yes, you should be able to since there is a medical reason. You would need to talk to your doctor though.

And unless you are opening your mouth like a Goldfish then no one is going to notice that you are breathing through your mouth. So no need to be paranoid.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
So 'GorgeousQueen' wants a nose job? Just kidding.

If you can only breath through your mouth then you should really go back to the doctor to find a suitable solution, there may be other options available other than Rhinoplasty.

As for people looking at you, ignore them, if that's the only way can breath then there is nothing you can do, do they want you to keep your mouth close and not breath!??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending