The Student Room Group

How to stop getting constant emails from TSR??

Hi there, I'm quite new to TSR. I have three threads in my 'watched threads' list, and I keep getting 3 emails a day telling me that there have been new posts in these threads. Much as I love TSR this is quite annoying! How do I make these emails stop?? I have clicked on "manage watched threads", and the boxes for receiving notifications are all unticked...so how do I stop the emails coming??
Many thanks :smile:
If you go to the individual threads, at the top there should be a blue box that says 'watched'. Click that to unwatch the thread and that'll stop the emails. If you want to watch it on TSR but not get emails, click it again, and select 'no email notification' on the drop down menu :smile:

There might be an easier way to do it, but if there is, I don't know it!
On this page, check each thread, and then at the bottom at the drop down list, select "no e-mail notification", and then press update. You will still be watching the threads, but you won't get any emails about them.

To change your default watch mode so you don't get e-mails from new threads you post in, go here, scroll to "Default Thread Watching Mode", and change the drop down box to "No email notification", and then save changes.
Reply 3
Original post by rmhumphries
On this page, check each thread, and then at the bottom at the drop down list, select "no e-mail notification", and then press update. You will still be watching the threads, but you won't get any emails about them.

Does that stop me receiving notifications on TSR or just through emails?
Original post by I Procrastinate
Does that stop me receiving notifications on TSR or just through emails?

If you select 'no e-mail notification', then it will just stop the e-mails.
Original post by rmhumphries
If you select 'no e-mail notification', then it will just stop the e-mails.

:facepalm:
Oh, right. Thanks.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending