The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holder thread

Welcome to the Barts and the London (QMUL) A101 2023 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads:
2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109176
2021: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560538
2020: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022342

For general information click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/a101/

For entry requirements click: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/smd/undergraduate/courses/full-entry-requirements/medicine-graduate-entry-mbbs/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Reply 2
Does anyone know what weighting is given to SJT after interview ?
does anyone know if it’s worth applying to the gem course with a 2750 ucat, if you have a 1st in your Biomed degree?
Reply 4
Does anyone know the interview dates for Barts? I’m booking an interview for Sheffield and don’t want to book a potential Barts interview date
Reply 5
Original post by MsWho
Does anyone know the interview dates for Barts? I’m booking an interview for Sheffield and don’t want to book a potential Barts interview date

For anyone wondering, I emailed and they got back to me very quickly: 27 Jan and 10 Feb for A101
Reply 6
This years spreadsheet, w/ previous spreadsheets linked top right of sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JXjEx9X9xCkcg94TtZH1umJwX8I1eGhE2GajvpYrK2E/edit#gid=901503487
Reply 7
Felt a bit disheartened seeing some dates already in the spreadsheet for QMUL GEM but there's only 10 people so far and apparently in 2022 they interviewed 112 so guess that's only the very first batch. Funny they're interviewing at least 2 people with 2:1s, when last year there was none. Guess that's a good sign? Let's see.
Hi, has anyone who has received an invitation to an interview responded to say they are unavailable but would like another date? I haven’t heard back and wondered how long we need to wait to get an alternative date?

EDIT: if anyone else has the problem, I sent an email and received a response quite quickly :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Have all the Bart's interviews went out is anyone aware?
Original post by unistudent_6767
Have all the Bart's interviews went out is anyone aware?

I haven't heard anything back yet, I'm kinda holding out to hoping but considering I scraped into the 29th decile with Band 1, I'm not holding out much hope as it's gone Dec 15/16th now :frown:
Reply 11
Their 'what happens next' email says:

"23 December: Shortlisted applicants contacted: We will be in touch in December once this first round of selection has been completed.

16 January: Invitations to interview: Between mid-December and mid-January, all formal interview invitations will be sent to candidates.

January to February: Interviews: Candidates who are successful at this initial stage will be invited to an ONLINE interview. Further details and dates will be communicated closer to the time."
Original post by Ren10
Their 'what happens next' email says:

"23 December: Shortlisted applicants contacted: We will be in touch in December once this first round of selection has been completed.

16 January: Invitations to interview: Between mid-December and mid-January, all formal interview invitations will be sent to candidates.

January to February: Interviews: Candidates who are successful at this initial stage will be invited to an ONLINE interview. Further details and dates will be communicated closer to the time."

Thanks for this. There seems to be people contacted already so I don’t know if it’s batches or what way it’s working - anyone any ideas?
Anyone hear anything today?
Deadline was today for QMUL - if we haven’t heard do we assume rejection?
Reply 15
I'm not assuming any response. If and when we get rejected then we'll know. No point fretting before.
just got my rejection notification on UCAS. Odd that they didn't send an email before the UCAS notification.
Reply 17
Rip got rejected too. Ah well, was a gamble cause last year's cut off was 10 points above what I got (2940). Weird though they took more people with 2.1s this year though, guess UCAT counted for more than degree.

Bit of a shame cause I last minute changed my choice from KCL to QMUL after seeing all the criticism of Kings admin but win some lose some. Looks like their cut offs were pretty similar.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ren10
Rip got rejected too. Ah well, was a gamble cause last year's cut off was 10 points above what I got. Weird though they took more people with 2.1s this year though, guess UCAT counted for more than degree.

Bit of a shame cause I last minute changed my choice from KCL to QMUL after seeing all the criticism of Kings admin but win some lose some. Looks like their cut offs were pretty similar.

I got a similar score and got rejected too...but just in at 2660, and predicted 1st. The ones with 2.1 must have got a higher UCAT score.
Same here - around 2700 ucat and an achieved 1st but got rejected from the a101 interview
Sucks because I specifically went for QMUL grad over Kings grad because I thought kings is more strict with the ucat and qmul prioritises achieved 1st class degrees

Original post by Snowystar122
I got a similar score and got rejected too...but just in at 2660, and predicted 1st. The ones with 2.1 must have got a higher UCAT score.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending